The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Nutrition (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/)
-   -   2 thin question (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/2-thin-question-183889/)

teresa60 04-28-2013 06:25 PM

2 thin question

I think my Diamond is 2 thin, what can i feed him 2 hlp him gain weight ?

Thx

equiniphile 04-28-2013 06:31 PM

Welcome to the forum. For starters, we highly discourage the use of "text talk" and try to write things it so that they are easier to comprehend.

What is this horse's diet like? How often is he turned out? Have his teeth been floated, and has he been checked for ulcers? Has a fecal count been recently done on him? All of these things can cause a horse to lose weight.

aforred 04-28-2013 06:40 PM

What is his body condition score? If you're not sure, here's a video that will help you figure it out. What's Your Horse's Body Condition Score? | Video | TheHorse.com

When you provide diet information, please do it by weight, not scoops or flakes.

teresa60 04-28-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equiniphile (Post 2374977)
Welcome to the forum. For starters, we highly discourage the use of "text talk" and try to write things it so that they are easier to comprehend.

What is this horse's diet like? How often is he turned out? Have his teeth been floated, and has he been checked for ulcers? Has a fecal count been recently done on him? All of these things can cause a horse to lose weight.

Ok I'm sorry

wausuaw 04-28-2013 07:22 PM

Also, pictures are useful. I remember recently someone asking the same thing, and as it turned out, the horses were in good body condition. As well what you are giving him, some more info on him- age, how long you've had him, etc would be useful.

There's isn't really a "one size fits all" diet for horses... all varies by the general health of the horse, age, location/climate, living conditions (stabled vs. pastured), what feed/hay you have access to, workload (pasture pet vs. performance horse), temperament (some horses, for instance, can have certain mineral supplements, while it will cause others to become hyper active, hot, etc).

teresa60 04-28-2013 07:33 PM

I just bought Diamond two months ago. How do i post a picture on a post?

loosie 04-28-2013 08:03 PM

If you're in the 'quick reply' bit, click 'go advanced' & below where you post text there will be an 'attachments' section where you can upload your pix.

teresa60 04-29-2013 09:47 AM

It ask for the link ? I am just use to going to browser to find my photo
Thank you
Wait I think I figured it out

teresa60 04-29-2013 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My Diamond (bad pic of me)

Attachment 172098

teresa60 04-29-2013 10:00 AM

I was told this is a good weight for a TWH .i think he looks to thin