The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Split reins or roping reins (

ddewey 11-27-2008 10:58 PM

Split reins or roping reins
Which reins do you use for western riding split or roping? Do you join the splits reins if so how?

iridehorses 11-28-2008 10:09 AM

Split reins are the traditional type used for normal or show riding although certain disciplines use a single rein. Barrel racing, roping, pole bending, etc would use the single rein.

I don't attach my splits but many come with a keeper that you can slide on to join them.

Don't worry about what is traditional unless you are showing. Ride with what makes you comfortable - anything that works.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome