The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Another Chance For Horses raided by FBI (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/another-chance-horses-raided-fbi-185050/)

AlexS 04-30-2013 01:37 PM

Another Chance For Horses raided by FBI

I am so thrilled to just learn this. They have been a scam for years.

Christy says it's about health certificates, erm wake up lady, stuff just got real.

FBI raids area Another Chance 4 Horses in Berks County | Regional: Berks - Home

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-30-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexS (Post 2391010)
I am so thrilled to just learn this. They have been a scam for years.

Christy says it's about health certificates, erm wake up lady, stuff just got real.

FBI raids area Another Chance 4 Horses in Berks County | Regional: Berks - Home

I hope they get shut down for good.

AlexS 04-30-2013 02:16 PM

Me too. When I first moved to PA, I went to see a lovely TB they had, Bobby's Honor. Really nice horse, but very green, wonderful personality, he followed me in from the field without a halter and I was just crinkling a candy wrapper.

I was told to just go out and get him, odd, but whatever. No halter could be found. When I brought him in, they asked what I was looking for, I explained a jumper. Christy laughed at me for wanting a TB to jump (huh?). I just got bad vibes, so I walked away. Since then, I have learned about their scams, and glad I walked away.

Bobby's Honor disappeared for a while from their website, but has been back on it for about a year. I have no interest in dealing with AC4H but that horse was a nice one, so I have kept an eye on him. My board is $375 a month, I can't afford a second horse, but I am so hoping he finds a soft landing.

I would guess that the FBI investigation will turn out to be fruitful and her horses will be seized, as just about everyone knows the scam they run. At that point, I will freak out about Bobby's Honor, but I just can't afford the ongoing costs of another horse. I am already freaking out about his future. If it comes to that, is anyone willing to help me get him to a good place. (Not financially, I mean finding a home for him). I will help transport if I can.

wetrain17 04-30-2013 02:29 PM

I was pleased when I read this too. Its about time!

barrelbeginner 04-30-2013 02:37 PM

I don't know anything about this. What were they scamming? Sorry if it says. I couldn't find it
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexS 04-30-2013 02:55 PM

Barrel, they are a rescue, and work with a broker who is a meat man, Brian Moore.

Brian buys horses at New Holland and other auctions for less than $100, and then lists them for rescue through AC4H's that same day, for the $600-$1000 range. AC4H's takes a cut to save these horses. Basically just lining the pockets of the meat man.

Christy (AC4Hs) fundraised and appealed on many different horse boards asking for money to get horses out of there. Many many people donated for years, then people would ask where the horse ended up, no answer, or vague answers.
Horses were sold to two different people, and when explanations were asked, odd rambling answers were given.

Some people got their horses, quite a few didn't. I can't link to many of the convos about it, as it's against forum rules here to link to other boards. Google 'AC4Hs scam' and you will find about a weeks worth of reading there.

barrelbeginner 04-30-2013 03:10 PM

Oh:( how sad.. there's a rescue kinda like that here in Colorado .. we bought a couple horses from them that we are pretty sure were drugged while we visited and tested.. and didn't listen as soon as we.got them home -_-
Posted via Mobile Device

SMCLeenie 04-30-2013 03:13 PM

Alex, I'm way over in California but if it comes to it, I would be happy to help you find a home for Bobby's Honor.

crimsonsky 04-30-2013 03:40 PM

interesting that they list Bobby's as "Not available in training!" - the grammar makes me twitch but whatever.

AlexS 04-30-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMCLeenie (Post 2391546)
Alex, I'm way over in California but if it comes to it, I would be happy to help you find a home for Bobby's Honor.

Thank you!!! I don't know what will happen to him yet, but I would bet money their horses will be seized. They are crooks, and have been known locally as such for many years now. As the FBI is now on to them, I can't imagine they will stay open.

It was around 2008-9ish, when I saw him, he was sound them and with a lot of potential. I can't talk to how he is now, but he was a very nice horse then. There's some videos of him here on his page, I don't really know what to say about them, they make him look like he was just backed. I rode him, he knew steering, walk, trot, canter (on the wrong lead). I don't know the people riding him, but he wasn't like this for me when I rode him, he was just green. I promise I won't lie about him, and if he is like this if it all pans out as I think it might, and I see him... if he is like this, I will be honest about that. I can only think they have a lot of volunteers there of differing riding abilities.

BobbysHonor

If it pans out that he needs a home, I love you for being willing to take him. But I will be borrowing a trailer, and I am a foster parent, so can't take the kids out of state without a court order. If I can find a home closer, I hope you will understand, that I would opt for that. Thank you!!!