The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Thoroughbreds and AQHA? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/thoroughbreds-aqha-185058/)

MRich92 04-30-2013 02:53 PM

Thoroughbreds and AQHA?

So my friend is looking into purchasing a JC thoroughbred mare that has her thoroughbred papers with AQHA and wants to know if she could show her AQHA.

As far as I know I thought it was only for breeding purposes that TBs were registered with AQHA? Any light on the subject would be appreciated!

lilruffian 04-30-2013 03:12 PM

I never quite understood how a purebred TB could be registered AQHA since they have zero QH influence in their blood. I know that the TB helped developed the Quarter horse breed but it will be interesting to hear what the others might have to say.

MRich92 04-30-2013 03:15 PM

I believe for breeding purposes so there's no blanks on an aopendix's papers the dam/sire of tb blood has to be registered for the sake of record keeping. Not sure though
Posted via Mobile Device

MGTS 05-15-2013 09:08 AM

Correct... a TB can be "recorded" with AQHA for Breeding purposes. The resulting foal would have an "X" with their registration designating that they are an "Appendix" QH. But no the TB cannot be shown at AQHA breed shows (their foal could be). We have our TB stallion recorded with the AQHA in order to register our QH mare's foals.

pam111 06-23-2013 11:27 AM

Is there anyone who can look up a horse in the AQHA database for me? It relates to this question. I was given the registered name of a horse I am looking at and told she was AQHA, but when I tried to find it on a pedigree database, I did find a horse that matches her age but that horse is a Thoroughbred. I am just trying to see if this is the same horse and if she is in the AQHA database

QtrBel 06-23-2013 03:30 PM

If my child hasn't used all of the credits for this month I can if you have her info.

pam111 06-23-2013 06:04 PM

Thank you. I was a word off in her name and found her
Posted via Mobile Device

Lopin N Paint 06-23-2013 06:07 PM

I can look her up.

Sometimes there are tbs and aqhas with the same name, but they are different horses.

Edit, oppss never mind

pam111 06-24-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lopin N Paint (Post 2873354)
I can look her up.

Sometimes there are tbs and aqhas with the same name, but they are different horses.

Edit, oppss never mind

Thanks. It was just an odd coincidence--same age, I thought the same name, and both sires from FL so I thought it was the same horse.

We are hoping to purchase this girl. We have her for 2 weeks with a deposit paid to make sure she will work out and have the pre purchase exam before finalizing the sale