The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   critique the horse i might buy please? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-horse-i-might-buy-please-18591/)

ADollopofDaisy 11-30-2008 07:17 PM

critique the horse i might buy please?

6 Attachment(s)
Her name is Daisy and she is a arab crossed with something else. I already know that she has a flat back and she uses a crupper. If you could just comment on the pictures about her conformation and gaits that would be really helpful. Also she is around 16 years old and is 14.2 hands. sorry about the pictures i couldn't find a good one of her standing.

SonnyWimps 11-30-2008 07:33 PM

it's hard to give a critique for those pictures. Try getting square pictures of her so we can give you a better critique. But she's extremely pretty!
The bit looks too tight in her mouth though...only thing I see hehe

PoptartShop 11-30-2008 08:53 PM

Yeah, do you have any piccies of her standing square? :) She is very pretty though, & doesn't look like she jumps too bad lol.

mayfieldk 11-30-2008 08:59 PM

High-headed, typical arab look. She won't do well in a hunter circuit, because arabs always tend to jump with flat backs (which she is in the pic).

Looks forward in a bad way (ie, high bit in mouth, constant pressure to keep her slow, very tight noseband).

Depends what you want in a horse. Conformationally (I make up my own words :P ), she looks alright from those pics from what I can tell.

BeauReba 11-30-2008 09:00 PM

She looks like a safe, solid horse, but a conformation shot will give us a better idea.

KatieStanley 11-30-2008 11:29 PM

From the looks of her lower legs- she looks like she may have some draft in her??? What do yall think? I might be wrong, but thats always the first thing that comes to my mind when i see furry feet ;)

Spyder 11-30-2008 11:36 PM

I agree, the bit is too high in the mouth. Can't see anything glaringly wrong and if you can get away with not paying too much then so much the better.

While 16 is not old it is getting up there and should be on the downward curve of any price.

BeauReba 12-01-2008 01:32 AM

Yah it looks like there might be... maybe 1/4?

suenosderosas 12-01-2008 11:17 AM

She's cute and looks very safe, but she doesn't look like she knows how to properly use herself. If you were to buy her, she'd probably be a little bit of a project if you want to get her going correctly. She isn't going like she is because of her breeding like others have mentioned...any horse will go like she is if they don't know how to go properly.

I'd definitely go and look at her and see what you think!

ADollopofDaisy 12-01-2008 07:44 PM

thanks for the reponses. she belongs to a camp so i have no way of taking more pictures of her but i will try to keep looking for more. about the bit and the noseband i would probably buy a new bridle for her and give it to the camp but there was nothing i could do about it at camp..