The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logging With Horses

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  RusticWildFire 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has done any logging with horses?

#2 ·
My Dad did as a kid. He currently has a horse that he bought from the Amish with whom I think he is reliving his childhood. :D He uses her all around their property to help with certain tasks. This is a photo of him using her to haul wood to the house for their wood burner.

Attachments

#3 ·
Hey! That's really cool. I love big drafts and my boyfriend and I have been talking about using horses for logging recently. I think it'd be really cool!

#5 ·
Rustic, have you ever seen Rural Heritage on RFD-tv? A lot of the shows are about logging with horses and they're really interesting. The equipment they use is fascinating as well as how well trained those horses are.

#6 ·
I don't get RFD-tv :( I'm sad that I don't...BUT being college students we don't really have the extra money to get it. Thanks for the info though! We have been looking at stuff online and we watched a show about it a couple of weeks ago. (He's a forestry major and would one day like to have his own business..so thats where it all comes from :))

#9 ·
We had a bunch of trees cut down in our yard last spring. Tony used Fras to haul some of the big tree bodys to the burn pile. I don't have any photos. Wish I did, he was really proud of her.

edt
3neighs, thats such a beautiful photo of your dad. I grew up in Michigan around Lapeer and Port Huron. I miss the winter scenery a little bit

#10 ·
That's really cool! Is he downstate?
Yeah, he's in the Lansing area.

3neighs, thats such a beautiful photo of your dad. I grew up in Michigan around Lapeer and Port Huron. I miss the winter scenery a little bit
Thanks, Vida! I enjoy winter until about Jan. then I'm ready for it to be warm again. :D BTW, I love your new avatar!

#11 ·
Cool! My boyfriend had an internship in the Grand Rapids area over the summer. He's from Saginaw. I'm sure we'll end up downstate after school lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.