The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Kentucky Derby 2013 (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/kentucky-derby-2013-a-186114/)

Smokum 05-02-2013 12:14 AM

Kentucky Derby 2013

So excited for the Kentucky Derby this year. Anyone watch it or get involved?

I only bet $20 LOL cuz im cheap & I hate betting money but its worth it for the Kentucky Derby!

I really love horse racing & never have anyone to talk to about it around here, not popular ;/

HeroMyOttb 05-02-2013 12:22 AM

I'm big into horse racing as well. I agree and disagree with certain things that happen in the industry. After i graduate with my Equine Health Degree i'm planning on working in the racing industry! Super excited. And go figure my horse is an ex-racehorse. Haha it's in all aspects of my life! But yes I count down for the Derby and watch the prep races! Love it.

aforred 05-02-2013 12:23 AM

Love it! A dear family friend got us all hooked on the races, and he and my mom went to the Derby nine years in a row. Who are you betting on?

Roperchick 05-02-2013 12:24 AM

Definitely. Unfortunately I'm gonna miss it. Were out in the field :/

Country Woman 05-02-2013 12:25 AM

I love to watch the races too

HeroMyOttb 05-02-2013 12:29 AM

Who do you guys like? I'm liking Revolutionary even thou he only won a Gll and a Glll. But I like how he ran in his races. Plus I absolutely loved his sire War Pass who passed away back in 2010 at 5. His work outs have been pretty good. But I also like Orb and Verrazano. 20 horse field is just too many horses to pick from!! ahhh

aforred 05-02-2013 12:32 AM

I agree, it's definitely hard to choose. I like Verrazano and Revolutionary.

Smokum 05-02-2013 12:57 AM

Todd Pletcher has me baffled with his five horses!! I mean congratz but what a stressful 2 minutes for him!

I just love Revolutionary, made a $20 to win on him :)
&& Warpass - oh big fan for sure, love Revolutionaries whole pedigree & history honestly!

I also like Orb & Overanalyze too.

I would trifecta them in a box LOL

aforred 05-02-2013 01:02 AM

Overanalyze! I knew there was one I liked that I was forgetting. :lol:

cobra 05-02-2013 01:32 AM

Honestly - if i were betting this year i would go with a bit of a long-shot. I have always liked Lucas as a trainer, and Unbridled....i would say Will Take Charge for the win. He has won 2 of his 3 races this year, one a grade 2. Altho i also like Orb, and Verrazano is unbeaten.... However, Verrazano has only had 4 lifetime starts, and all of those are from this year. That is alot to ask of a horse in such a short time, imho..... You also have to factor the weather in, and with rain being likely it may shake things up even more....