The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Brownies for breakfast! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/brownies-breakfast-18629/)

DarkChylde 12-01-2008 09:57 AM

Brownies for breakfast!

Mmmm-mmm. I just took some brownies out (made with applesauce instead of egg, vegan thing) and they smell SO GOOD! The smell actually woke up my oldest daughter, who is quite the vampire and don't wanna get up before lunch if she can get away with it.

Can you smell that? I also got coffee on, brewin a fresh pot.

Hubby has to fix a fence post today, and I hope my pastures have a chance to dry out, cold wallies are a bad experience first thing in the mornin. Also got to pay a speeding ticket (have a bit of a lead foot) and go grocery shopping. After that, it is gonna be a Harry Potter Marathon, we are starting with the first and watching them all to the last.

So help yourself, grab a brownie, and have a blessed day!!!

Help yourself!

3neighs 12-01-2008 10:13 AM

I knew I smelled chocolate! Mmmmm! Brownies and coffee are almost as good as pizza and beer. :D

Have the little boy today and when he gets on the bus later I have some errands to run before picking the girls up from school.

Vidaloco 12-01-2008 10:26 AM

Mmmm brownies *eyes glaze over* I'll bet the applesauce makes them very moist. Thanks you kindly
We are kicking back today, first day back to work for the hubby. He's home and in his PJ's already (3rd shift) I haven't gotten out of mine yet. Went out to feed critters this morning in them :lol: It was brrrr cold and windy.

RusticWildFire 12-01-2008 11:19 AM

Oo yum!! A brownie sounds SOo good right now. And I really want to try making them with applesauce now! I bet they taste really good.
Back to school today...had a week off for Thanksgiving break and I wish it could last! lol. Ooh well. 3 weeks left then Christmas break! WooHoo!
I have some cookies I made yesterday that I'll put on the table. Help yourselves to those as well.
Have fun watching Harry Potter! I saw parts of the first one a few years ago when I was babysitting some kids...it was pretty good. I also only ever read the first book lol.

iridehorses 12-01-2008 11:35 AM

Brownies!!!!! Much healthier then Krispy Kreams and go so good with milk.

DarkChylde 12-01-2008 12:42 PM

You add a heaping tablespoon of applesauce in place of each egg. It DOES make the moist, and to me much chocolatier. (Izzat a word?) They dont end up all hard and crumbly on the ends and gooey in the middle that way.

Don't work as well for cakes and cookies, tho, I am still tryin to work that one out.

Gotta make another batch so hubby can have some, us and my kids cleaned them out!:shock::lol:

RusticWildFire 12-01-2008 01:25 PM

Thanks! I'm gonna try that one of these days.

PaintedLady 12-01-2008 06:35 PM

Just got here. **waving**
Darnit! I missed out on the brownies. (Thought I smelled chocolate alllllll day!
I did sip on coffee....
Applesauce, aye? Instead of the eggs? Hmmmmm....
I was told to use applesauce instead of the oil. Supposed to make em moist with less calories.
I've never done it tho.....:oops:
It got colder here as the day went on. There went my plans....

My2Geldings 12-01-2008 11:52 PM

Eh! I made some brownies tonight. My first time baking in our new house! had them with some vanilla ice cream :twisted:

TaMMa89 12-02-2008 09:14 AM

Yummy! :D Sounds good.

I just had a bar of white chocolate.