The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Astrology (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/astrology-186298/)

PrincessBarbie 05-02-2013 12:13 PM

Astrology

Does anyone on here believe in zodiac signs?I am a true believer in astrology,I am a Virgo by the way.Is there more Virgos on here or is it just me?

wausuaw 05-02-2013 12:36 PM

Not sure how much I believe from a scientific standpoint, but I've looked at it extensively (curiosity gets the best of me, I used to do charts and such though I haven't in years- always had an interest in such stuff, but mostly approach it analyticaly). Even still, as far as I go, I'm the most stereotypical example of my sign there is XD. I'm text book example, including sun and all the houses. (I'm Aquarian)

roseann 05-02-2013 01:18 PM

I am a Virgo. I am not a hardcore believer but have seen enough to know it may merit. I to used to do charts but never got very good at it.
Posted via Mobile Device

PrincessBarbie 05-02-2013 02:36 PM

I did my chart and I have a sun in Virgo so I must be beautiful!

Foxhunter 05-02-2013 06:31 PM

I have never had a chart done but like many, I read the forecasts if I come across them.

I will say that I loved Linda Goodman. I picked it up when waiting for a train and read my sign (Gemini) it was so fitting for me I was laughing out loud.

One of the parts said "The man who marries a Gemini woman will not be marrying twins - he will be marrying a harem. WHen he comes home from work to find her engrossed on a new hobby, painting, chemistry, writing a book, or knitting he will know she really loves him if she opens the can of beans before she hands it to him!"

Children will get by without hanging up their clothes but not escaping their homework.

Of course there were many things that did not apply.

PrincessBarbie 05-02-2013 10:58 PM

That was really funny Fox.It's good to know that some people have the same interest as me.

Chokolate 05-03-2013 08:02 PM

I'm not a believer at all but I read them if I come across them. This is me:

"In the scheme of astrology each of the zodiac signs supposedly indicates the level of evolution beginning with Aries and finishing with your sign, Pisces. There’s no doubt that the water signs, Pisces being the final and most mature of them, indicates your spiritually developed character."

From astrology.com.au

The article goes on to describe pisceans as...strange. And definitely not me.

Yeah, I'm so spiritual haha.

If it works for you, wow! That's better than I could do.

Foxhunter 05-04-2013 03:02 AM

I have thought about astrology quite a lot. As I said earlier, I have never had a chart done for me because I am not that interested but, it is a fact that the moon has terrific powers on the tides and many animals so, considering that the moon is insignificant in the placement of the the galaxy why shouldn't the bigger stars play an influence?

Saskia 05-04-2013 04:53 AM

Not sure how I believe in it. I think I believe something. I mean the moon effects tides and such - so such a force you would think would have to effect people, and the way that they develop. And if the world is effected in different, unmeasurable ways by the universe around us (which it surely does) then perhaps each 30 days or so it does change, and therefore change people. And maybe through many, many years of observing people, others have discovered some of these effects.

Who knows though, I certainly don't.

However I find that the description of my astrological signs can fit me perfectly, where as very few others are relevant at all. And for example when I moved in with my flatmate I guessed what he was, and then later asked and I was right, and this is not the first time it has happened.

So yeah... my convoluted senseless opinion.

I'm an Aries by the way :)

Iseul 05-04-2013 08:53 AM

I don't really bother with it..I can't say I do or don't believe it though.

Apparently Aries' are self-serving, selfish, etc and think of themselves as better than others.. That's me in general, all wrapped up and easy. There's exceptions to me being selfish and such, but for the majority, I'm my first priority, period.

So, everything I have read about it is generally true..I would assume that makes me believe it, but then again..it could just be someone's guess that they just so happened to get right.
Posted via Mobile Device