The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (
-   -   Question about full english chaps (

missy06 12-01-2008 12:17 PM

Question about full english chaps
I'm looking into getting some, as extra warmth over my breeches, but I don't know what type of boots should be worn with them. Are they supposed to be worn with paddock or tall boots, or does it not matter?

I was considering buying insulated paddock boots and insulated half chaps, but I'm thinking more warmth all over my leg would be nice.

suenosderosas 12-01-2008 12:32 PM

You wear them with paddock boots. You could probably get them over tall boots but the zipper up against the boot probably wouldn't be a good thing. Plus then they'd get all tight and just not comfy.

appylover31803 12-02-2008 12:51 AM

When I would wear my full chaps I'd either have sneakers (bad I know, please don't comment about it :)) or paddock boots.

RegalCharm 12-02-2008 02:42 AM

they also make a riding blanket that covers up the rear end of the horse and wraps around your lower body and legs.

Supermane 12-02-2008 04:16 AM

I have these for winter showing and on really cold days
Ariat Bromont Tall Riding Boots - Dover Saddlery
I haven't needed them yet. Right now I'm using my regular paddock boots with these:
Under Armour | Women's ColdGear Momentum Sock | 8503518 | $14.99
Very expensive, but worth it (as long as you are good at keeping track of socks)

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0