The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   any good books out there? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/any-good-books-out-there-18650/)

Tiffany01 12-01-2008 05:52 PM

any good books out there?

any good books out there?

My2Geldings 12-01-2008 11:54 PM

Depends, what do you like reading?

yv0nne 12-02-2008 12:26 AM

Marley and Me .. Keeping Faith .. 5 People You Meet in Heaven . .Tuesdays with Morrie .. The Little Prince [though I have never read it in English, so I am not sure if it is as good] .. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants [again, never read in English] .. A Complicated Kindness .. Guests of War: Trilogy .. most anything by Jodi Picoult .. Blink & The Tipping Point .. Stargirl .. Love, Stargirl .. and I'll stop here but I can keep going if none of these interest you LOL

Snapple122 12-02-2008 12:29 AM

Everyone Worth Knowing.. awesome book
The Bean Trees- Barbara Kingsolver

I just recently read those 2

Jehanzeb 12-02-2008 05:18 AM

I am surprised that Claire hasn't commented on this yet however I am sure when she gets chance she'll be able to help you out. :-)

As far as myself is concern I litterly hate books, so no chance of giving you any advise about books :-)

Regards

claireauriga 12-02-2008 07:36 AM

I don't think we share similar tastes xD I'm not a big fan of autobiographies or autobiographical-style novels, I looooathe chicklit and teenage chicklit like the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, I'm not a fan of self-helpy things for Harnessing the Power of Your Mind ...

Read LOTR, read some good fantasy, i.e. not Twilight or Anne Rice but instead Discworld or the Silmarillion. Explore science fiction. Try a manga, they weren't my thing but they were worth a try. Go to the library, get out a load of books, give each one three attempts to finish it and see what was the most enjoyable. Look on Amazon for your books to find recommendations for others.

TaMMa89 12-02-2008 08:54 AM

The Horse Whisperer and other books written by Nicholas Evans are good.

If you like medical whodunits I recommend Michael Palmer and Robin Cook.

My2Geldings 12-02-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaMMa89 (Post 202762)
The Horse Whisperer and other books written by Nicholas Evans are good.

If you like medical whodunits I recommend Michael Palmer and Robin Cook.

Oh I am always on the lookout for good medical authors. Will look him up :)

Jehanzeb 12-02-2008 11:21 AM

Claire did you just typed words from the book or were you telling something? I'd be honest with you I went totally lost in your words there. At one point it almost seems some other language to me hahah.:-)......

Regards

wanderlust 12-02-2008 12:48 PM

I am always reading.

If you can tell me what genre you prefer it would be easier to help you out.