The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   "Buck" well it's better late then Never (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/buck-well-its-better-late-then-186602/)

CowboyBob 05-02-2013 11:08 PM

"Buck" well it's better late then Never

So you all might laugh but, man oh man, I just got done with Buck Brannaman's movie "Buck". Man. The credits are still running, living in Montana out in the sticks I am just now getting good internet, I have heard of Buck and knew who he was but had never had the chance to see him...I have been missing out. I know you all seen it a long time ago but... I like watching good horseman, I that is what I just spent the last hour and a half doing. If I can become half the horseman he is I will count myself lucky.

If you haven't seen it yet its good, its not a lot of training but you get the chance to see the mans heart. I could feel how upset he was while loading that stud horse you could see it really got to him knowing that, that horse did not have to end up that way.

Good Movie.

waresbear 05-02-2013 11:33 PM

One of these days I will have to rent it, no netflix with satellite internet, so I have to make the effort to find it. Thanks, on my list now.

Chevaux 05-03-2013 12:18 AM

I found it extremely enjoyable. There's a dvd set out (from the same production company I think) that contains many hours of footage from those clinics. Unfortunately, it's cost prohibitive for me otherwise I could get in some serious study time with those I'm sure.

P.S. re the unfortunate stallion - I had heard, via internet someplace, that the horse did not get put down and may even have sired some foals.

sinsin4635 05-03-2013 12:28 AM

I just seen that last week. I could'nt believe how frickin mean that stud was! Unbelievable!!

Skyseternalangel 05-03-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevaux (Post 2415570)
P.S. re the unfortunate stallion - I had heard, via internet someplace, that the horse did not get put down and may even have sired some foals.

Err... What?

deserthorsewoman 05-03-2013 12:43 AM

I read that too. The owner shouldn't have horses. Period.
I had to have "Buck", have "The Making of a Bridle Horse" set, and the clinic set is next.
Needless to say, I'm truly iimpressed

Chevaux 05-03-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 2415690)
Err... What?

Yep. I can't help but wonder (if indeed the poor soul is still alive) if he could be rehabbed? But not in one of those three day turn around clinics - in a situation that would take him right back to square one and spend the time (for him, likely months) moving systematically forward with him.

Chevaux 05-03-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman (Post 2415794)
I read that too. The owner shouldn't have horses. Period.

> No argument from me on that point.

I had to have "Buck", have "The Making of a Bridle Horse" set,...

> How did you find the bridle horse set?

Skyseternalangel 05-03-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevaux (Post 2415826)
Yep. I can't help but wonder (if indeed the poor soul is still alive) if he could be rehabbed? But not in one of those three day turn around clinics - in a situation that would take him right back to square one and spend the time (for him, likely months) moving systematically forward with him.

Maybe if he was with another horse that adored people.. he could learn to tolerate them. But idk...

deserthorsewoman 05-03-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevaux (Post 2415842)
> How did you find the bridle horse set?

very clear, simple, easy to follow. No gimmicks, no tricks, no must-have sticks and the like.