The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Camelot close contact saddles? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/camelot-close-contact-saddles-186618/)

ponyluver420 05-03-2013 12:28 AM

Camelot close contact saddles?

So I am looking for thoughts on the camelot close contact saddle? Links are at bottom of page, does anyone have it? If so, would you recommend it/do you like it? What are the gullet measurements on wide and medium? lol sry 4 all the questions, but I MIGHT be getting a close contact soon, curious abt gullet sizes to see if it will fit the horse i ride.
Camelot Close Contact Saddle - Statelinetack.com
Camelot Close Contact Saddle | Dover Saddlery

Thx!

poppy1356 05-03-2013 06:34 AM

The description just sounds icky. For that cheap brand new that means it won't be good. Please buy a used good quality saddle. Your horse will thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

kitten_Val 05-03-2013 11:18 AM

I'd look into the different brand personally. If you are short on money go with the used nice brand or look into the synthetic one (like Thorowgood, or Tekna, or Wintec). Camelot saddles are low quality with the cheap leather and tree, and usually are a bad fit for the horse.

ponyluver420 05-04-2013 02:12 AM

thx 4 the feedback, i'll prob get a used crosby (since they last forever) or something like that. If I get a saddle, that is. I see good reviews on the tack sites, but bad feedback on them on forums, answer sites, etc. Still, anyone hav it and know the gullet size? Kinda curious is the thing!!!

Brenna Lee 05-04-2013 08:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a camelot, and the quality is much better than anyone is saying (This is in my case.) Panels are even, and tree is very sturdy.After breaking it in and taking good care of it I love it more than my Bevel. The panels are super cushy, and my horse has no complaints. Here's a picture after a years use of mine, and it out of the box!

eventer16 05-04-2013 09:38 PM

Well you get what you pay for. This especially applies to saddles. The leather would be cheap, and there's no guarantee on the comfort for you or your horse. For a lower priced saddle, I would look into a synthetic such as a thorowgood, wintec, or a tekna.
Posted via Mobile Device

ponyluver420 05-05-2013 02:12 AM

Brenna, what size tree is it? What's the gullet measurement? It looks rlly nice!

Brenna Lee 05-05-2013 03:31 AM

It's a medium tree 17" Gullet Measurement isss.... approx. 2 3/4"

ponyluver420 05-05-2013 04:22 AM

Rlly? That's usually considered kinda narrow. Is that from button to button?

Brenna Lee 05-05-2013 01:23 PM

That is the measurement in-between panels, the contact is more around 3.2"

Are you wanting the tree size? (Button to button?)