The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   Calling All Musicians! (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/calling-all-musicians-186666/)

Cheyennes mom 05-03-2013 02:06 AM

Calling All Musicians!

Hey guys!
So I'm sure we MUST have some musicians on this forum SOMEWHERE! I wanna hear your talents!!! This is a thread for sharing and encouraging each other in our musical abilities whether that's singing or playing an instrument, I wanna hear it!! I'm gonna make this clear, this is NOT a critique thread, we're going to encourage people and share our own abilities too! So go ahead and post your videos! Have fun! :D

Cheyennes mom 05-03-2013 02:11 AM

I'll start! My musical talent is singing mostly :) I also play guitar and Alto Saxophone :) Feel free to stalk my channel haha :p

This is me doing a cover of I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz :)

Chokolate 05-03-2013 06:47 AM

I'm a musician :) but no vid, sorry.

I play percussion and the recorder (NOT kiddie recorder, it IS a for-real instrument) and especially enjoy playing the tenor. Percussion is my better instrument, I've passed Grade 4, but I prefor the melodies of recorder.

I play in symphonic wind ensemble as a percussionist and enjoy it very much. I used to play in both jazz band and concert band as well but they were both more beginner-geared and too easy.

I also do music as an elective subject at school. I love my music!

Cheyennes mom, that was awesome! I can't sing to save my life (which makes it doubly awesome lol)

WhiteHorse 05-03-2013 05:23 PM

Cheyenne you are a great singer and an amazing guitarist!! I play the piano and violin but don't have a video to show :/

DraftyAiresMum 05-03-2013 05:33 PM

I'm a musician. Piano, bass trombone, trumpet, tuba, French horn, baritone horn and alto sax. I also sing (I'm a contra-alto). I have one video from an "American Idol"-like competition a couple of years ago, but I was SUPER nervous, so I think I sound awful. Also, posting vids from my phone doesn't always work. If you want to look it up on YouTube, search "Paige Calhoun-Prescott Idol" and it should come up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saddlebag 05-03-2013 07:15 PM

Piano is my first love but had to settle for an accordian. No polka stuff but I do play a bit of classical and mainly old tyme popular. My dream is to own a Korg, digital keyboard.

Cheyennes mom 05-04-2013 01:20 AM

Thanks for the comments guys! I've been performing as a singer since I was 4 years old (and sang without performing before that) and I just started guitar in the summer. I've been playing Alto Sax for 3 years but I don't have any videos to show for it, I'm WAY more into my singing than sax playing.

JaphyJaphy 05-04-2013 02:38 AM

I play clawhammer banjo. I'll see if I have any videos around...

Little Jane 05-08-2013 05:38 PM

Great singing, Cheyenne!

I play piano, guitar, and sing, but I don't have a lot of videos. Here's my favorite of the two: my sister's playing guitar and we're both singing.

MillieSantana 05-08-2013 08:06 PM

I play clarinet and I enjoy singing, but I've never had any instruction, and I don't know how I am. I'll try to find a video.