The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   what do you think of my arabian (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/what-do-you-think-my-arabian-18667/)

nldiaz66 12-01-2008 09:10 PM

what do you think of my arabian

3 Attachment(s)
her is the arabian horse I got back in oct. tell me what you think.I just use him for trail rides, right now. hope these pics work and are not too big.

My2Geldings 12-02-2008 12:17 AM

I think he's a cutie. Love the area you are in, it's as tho you have a massive outdoor ring outside!

Solon 12-02-2008 12:44 AM

He's got a really short neck. Not sure about the legs, if you could get a picture of him from the front and from the rear that would tell you more. The only good picture is the middle one - the head should be up not down eating.

girl_on_black_pony 12-02-2008 06:44 PM

His neck is really short. Maybe thick?
He's downhill and he is high in his flank.
He has a stright shoulder and is MAYBE cow hocked.
His ears are quite long.
His back is short.

Haha but I love arabians :)

InBox 12-02-2008 09:19 PM

Hes really cute
sorry i am not good at critiquing

handytsabre 12-05-2008 11:54 PM

he would be a good trail horse.

WSArabians 12-06-2008 02:09 PM

I think his neck is a little too short. It seems that he stands underneath himself a bit on the front legs, thus his shoulder is straighter which will take away some smoothness. I'm not a fan of his underline at all, but he does seem a little chunky so that may be why.

I disagree with the long ear comment. I think it's a combination of bad photography (Sorry!) and the way his ear is cocked.

He's got a BEAUTIFUL face - nice distance between the eyes and nose, and with just enough flare. I don't like the extreme dishes you see one some Arabs.
Although his neck is short, it ties in nicely to his shoulder's and chest.
He's got a nice short back that Arabians should have, so if his croup is a little high, this could be due to age.
Beautiful tail set as well.
And I LOVE that face! :D

Overall, I think he's a lovely boy.
Congrats on your purchase, and many happy trails with him!

Gingerrrrr 12-06-2008 05:31 PM

i really dont like Arabs but hes got the cutest head ever!