The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Appaloosa bloodline help (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/appaloosa-bloodline-help-186818/)

ImpulsiveLucy 05-03-2013 02:10 PM

Appaloosa bloodline help

A few years ago I took in an appy rescue baby. 6 months old, and the definition of emaciated- the story behind him made me soooo mad!. He couldn't walk properly, and was covered in lice. He came with his registration application and information on his father only, This Mr. S Obvious. Owned by Jason Adams, out of Convoy Ohio.

The baby who is now 4 (and still NOT registered) is doing fabulous!

But I'm trying to look into his mother. Spanish Annie is her registered name, I have her registration number as well if needed. She was born in 2000 out of Impressive Andrew, and Ms. Enchantable Array. She died 4 weeks after delivery of my baby. She was also owned by Jason Adams of Ohio.

Does anyone know how I can find information on this mare? Or know anything on her? I know its a bit of a long shot, but I want to know more about Eli (my babys) history.

Faceman 05-04-2013 10:09 AM

Well, Spanish Annie is listed on Allbreed, so you can look at her pedigree there. She is halter bred, and has Impressive both top and bottom. I'm unclear what you are saying the sire's name is, but with "obvious" in the name, I assume he has Obvious Conclusion in his pedigree, who is N/H. In any case, the mare should be HYPP tested if any breeding is planned...

ETA: Haha...in rereading, I realized yours is a colt or gelding. Duh...

dbarabians 05-04-2013 10:59 AM

I concur with Faceman about the Impressive lines that colt has.
Most people dont realize that Impressive was owned by an Appaloosa syndicate so there are plenty of Appys with his bloodlines.
Conclussive was inbred to Impressive if I am not mistaken. too lazy to look it up.
Are you going to show him in halter and pleasure classes? Shalom

ImpulsiveLucy 05-04-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 2425522)
Well, Spanish Annie is listed on Allbreed, so you can look at her pedigree there. She is halter bred, and has Impressive both top and bottom. I'm unclear what you are saying the sire's name is, but with "obvious" in the name, I assume he has Obvious Conclusion in his pedigree, who is N/H. In any case, the mare should be HYPP tested if any breeding is planned...

ETA: Haha...in rereading, I realized yours is a colt or gelding. Duh...

His sires name is quite ridiculous in my opinion! "This Mr. S Obvious"
I had him gelded last spring, as he was starting to act study, and is going to be used for 4-H and youth.

Faceman 05-04-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpulsiveLucy (Post 2426218)
His sires name is quite ridiculous in my opinion! "This Mr. S Obvious"
I had him gelded last spring, as he was starting to act study, and is going to be used for 4-H and youth.

I would still recommend having him tested. As a 4-H/youth horse if he is either H/H or N/H he could have episodes that could be potentially dangerous if he collapsed with a rider aboard...

Saddlebag 05-04-2013 10:21 PM

If he is double bred Impressive, he should be checked for HYPP as you may wish to make some dietary changes even if he's NH. With Hyperkalemia the horse, and people, need to eat a low potassium diet. An NH with too much potassium can experience an episode which altho it resembles an epileptic seizure, it is not. If this colt is HYPP double positive it cannot be registered.