The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Reining (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/)
-   -   For those who may not be aware. (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/those-who-may-not-aware-186890/)

nrhareiner 05-03-2013 04:05 PM

For those who may not be aware.

As some of you may know Linda was a good friend and a mentor to me for many years. Her death saddens many people and the void left by her passing will be a big one. She along with her late husband shaped the NRHA in the early years not only as members of NRHA but also as breeders of some of the best reining horses around. To own a Pape bred horse is a treasure that is beyond words. I will miss her greatly but will treasure all that she has taught me over the years. Gods speed Linda and RIP.

Linda H. Pape

Linda H. Pape, 72, of Wilmington, formerly of Indian Hill near Cincinnati, passed away on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at Hospice of Dayton. Her husband, John Wesley Pape, preceded her in death. They were married on Dec. 3, 1965.

Mrs. Pape was born on Aug. 24, 1940 in Yellow Knife, NWT, Canada, a daughter of the late William R. and Jessie Graham Mcdougal Hammond.

Linda and her husband, John, owned and managed Stonewall Farm located in Clinton County, Ohio. It was there they raised world-class AQHA reining horses and Standardbred racehorses. John served as the first president of the National Reining Horse Association.

She is survived by a son, John William "Tad" Pape, of California; and a grandson, Noah Pape of California.

A celebration of Linda's life will be held at Stonewall Farm, 975 State Route 380 near Wilmington, from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, May 10.

Memorial contributions in memory of Linda H. Pape can be made at Fallen Horseman Memorial Horse Show.

The REYNOLDS-SMITH FUNERAL HOME in Wilmington is serving the family.

For more information or to sign an online registry of condolences, please visit Smith and Son Funeral Homes | Wilmington and New Vienna.

BrieannaKelly 05-10-2013 12:26 PM

I am sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.

Muppetgirl 05-14-2013 09:08 AM

Sorry to hear than and for your loss.