The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I have another camera question! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-have-another-camera-question-18748/)

katieandduke 12-03-2008 08:18 PM

I have another camera question!

hey guys, i need yalls help again! im going to a horse show this weekend and i want to get some really good pictures for the art competition next year.. since the show is so far away; this will probably just be a test run of this camera im not used to. i have a point and shoot kodak camera that i will also have at the show but it will be used for videos that i take. then i will have my daddy's camera which is a olympus camedia c-4000 zoom digital camera.. i have no idea how to use it beside pointing it and taking a pic. i want to be able to change settings and effects the camera will have. i cant find the manual so as of right now im out of luck! :( i am not sure what all i want to know about it which i why i which i could find the manual . i would like to change the thing that makes the picture be taken faster when the button is pushed down. lol.. i know i suck at explaining things so bare with me! can anyone help? preferably someone that has this camera or can find the operating manual for me! thanks in advance!! have a great day!

katieandduke 12-03-2008 08:22 PM

nm...lol.. I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay! but if any one has this camera and you find things on it that you would never find and things that make pictures come out clearer please tell me! thanks again!

wanderlust 12-03-2008 08:26 PM

katie, i just have 2 quick questions. what is the size of the print you will have to produce for the photo contest?? what are the megapixels on the camera you will be using??

katieandduke 12-04-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlust (Post 203853)
katie, i just have 2 quick questions. what is the size of the print you will have to produce for the photo contest?? what are the megapixels on the camera you will be using??

wanerlust. i have no idea on either questions... i dont think we have a size print we must use.. and i am not sure on the mega pixel either.. why do you need to know? is there a megapixel that will make the pictures turn out better? and on the size, how can i change the size of my pics? i have always taken pics but just recently got into the whole serious photographer stuff so i am not sure about all this type of stuff. im sorry i didnt help! oh, and i love your avatar! it is so cute!

wanderlust 12-04-2008 02:41 PM

Katie,
I am just asking because unless a camera has enough megapixels it is difficult to make a large print. The more megapixels a camera has, the larger, and more clear a print will be. Test it out before hand. Take a picture and produce it as large as you would have the photo for the contest. You will be able to make sure it is clear enough for a good photo.

katieandduke 12-04-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlust (Post 204337)
Katie,
I am just asking because unless a camera has enough megapixels it is difficult to make a large print. The more megapixels a camera has, the larger, and more clear a print will be. Test it out before hand. Take a picture and produce it as large as you would have the photo for the contest. You will be able to make sure it is clear enough for a good photo.

oh okay. how can i find the megapixels out? like which symbols stand for it?

wanderlust 12-04-2008 08:12 PM

Katie, just do an online search of the camera and it will be in the specs.

katieandduke 12-04-2008 09:07 PM

okay. thanks for your help! i might not go anymore :( its a choose between show or my horsey... hard desicion.. i think i might ride him and just go to another horse show someday when i can get a friend to go with!