The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Convince? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/convince-18763/)

Rachluvshorses4eva 12-04-2008 02:03 AM

Convince?

Hi,
I have not been horse riding in almost 5 months. It's becuase it is costing a fair amount of money, the financial crises and I am busy with athletics and stuff.

I will never ever get bored with horses and horse riding, but how can I maybe convince, if you may, my parents or someone to take me horse riding once in a while. I understand that they are going through a rough time with money, as is everyone, but I get all the things I love and want. Just don't have the time for horse riding. Should I just wait another 5 months until winter?

I am so desperate to go horse riding. It is killing me!

Angel_Leaguer 12-04-2008 08:30 AM

is there any stables around that you could help out at in exchange for a ride??? maybe clean stalls, feeding, etc.... Money is tough on most people these days... just hang in there!!!

Jubilee Rose 12-06-2008 11:13 PM

Honestly, I would open the big ole phone book, look under stables and start calling around to see what places offer. I know that a lot of times only "big" stables make their way into the phone book. But you never know, there might be a barn who offers lessons in exchange for chores or something. If the barn you're calling can't help you, ask if they know anyone else who has a stable or horses. Be persistent! Be annoying even, lol. Ask lots of questions of lots of different people. I found my barn because I called one of the stables in the phone book and they didn't have what I want but gave me the number to a private stable. And its the perfect barn for me.

I really hope things work out! :wink:

Rachluvshorses4eva 12-07-2008 01:48 AM

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

Jakkii 12-07-2008 05:40 AM

you live in australia rite.??
wher bouts.??
cos if ya live anywher near me u can come and train && ride with me wenver ya wantt :)
xx

jazzyrider 12-07-2008 06:32 AM

aw rach i wish you were up here in brissie. 2 of mine would be perfect for you to ride. but times are tough right now with money etc the suggestion for offering work in exchange for lessons etc is a good one.

just a question though: in another thread you mentioned wanting to get a horse. sounds like you dont have time right now for one :) not being mean i just thought that when i read it. whichever way i hope you get a ride soon :)

Rachluvshorses4eva 12-11-2008 04:17 AM

Thanks guys!
Hey Jazzy
In that post what I meant was that I am saving up with my own money so in the near future I will be able to afford a horse. I'm not going to buy one anytime soon, unless we win tats lotto. But in that thread I tried to explain that I am looking for jobs to do to earn money and therefore buy a horse!

Thanks for your concern though!
:D

Spastic_Dove 12-11-2008 02:22 PM

Really, I don't think theres too much I could give you advice on as far as convincing your parents to buy a horse. Horses are too big or an commitment and too expensive for parents to be convinced very easily ;) Trust me, I know lol.

What I did before I had a horse though was I worked in exchange for riding like everyone said. I would tack up lesson horses, clean stalls, help in lessons, etc so that I could get a lesson. Eventually I ended up riding more than working -- It definitely got my foot in the door. Call and ask around. That or you could just see if they would fork out money for a lesson every other week or something.

Rachluvshorses4eva 12-12-2008 12:55 AM

My question was not how to convince my parents to buy me a horse. We. do. not. have. the. money!

upnover 12-12-2008 11:10 AM

could you get a working student job and work off the cost of your lessons in exchange for say, cleaning stalls?