The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Funny story from work... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/funny-story-work-18764/)

JustDressageIt 12-04-2008 01:18 AM

Funny story from work...

This is long, but well worth the read... it just happened to me.

As well as working at a tack shop, I work at a Fruits & Passion location. (It's a body shop type idea; think body lotion, etc)
Well, one of our products is a floating candle set. It's a glass vase and you get a few rocks to put at the bottom, some plastic foliage to make it look pretty, some water treatment so the water doesn't get gross, then you buy a candle and voila, a floating candle set.
Enter Stupid Woman stage right.
She comes right up to me at the counter and says "I'd like to return this set. It doesn't work. I set it all up and put the candle in and it fell to the bottom. No matter what I tried it would not stay at the top!"
I reply, in my sweetest sales associate voice ever, "Did you buy one of our floating candles? Regular candles won't work with this set; they need to be floating candles."
She is getting more agitated. "Yes, of course I bought your candles. I set it up and the candle just kept falling to the bottom!"
... Stupid Woman then takes a closer look at our display model.
Looks closer. Gets funny expression on her face.
You could almost SEE the lightbulb go off in her head.
She suddenly exclaims "OH! OH!!! You put WATER in it!?!"

uh. Don't know what to say to that one.

Image of our floating candle set:
http://www.cherrylanecollection.com/photos/17140.jpg

Rachluvshorses4eva 12-04-2008 01:32 AM

LMAO!
Oh. My. Gosh!
What colour was her hair? (Mine's blonde but I don't take offense to Blonde Jokes)

What a stupid stupid woman!
Did you tell her that she was supposed to put water in it or what?
I.D.I.O.T

free_sprtd 12-04-2008 01:39 AM

oh WOW....lol that is totally something I would say!!!! lol thanks for sharing ahahhahahahahaha you have such a great way of explaining things lol man that's classic

Moxie 12-04-2008 09:51 AM

OMG.... Those customers were always my favorite. lol

RusticWildFire 12-04-2008 11:14 AM

lol!!! I bet she felt quite silly for being so rude!

upnover 12-04-2008 11:19 AM

OMG... what do you even say to that?!

SonnyWimps 12-04-2008 02:57 PM

O_o wow.....that probably would have been me lol...sounds like somehting I'd do hehe

My2Geldings 12-05-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDressageIt (Post 204001)
This is long, but well worth the read... it just happened to me.

As well as working at a tack shop, I work at a Fruits & Passion location. (It's a body shop type idea; think body lotion, etc)
Well, one of our products is a floating candle set. It's a glass vase and you get a few rocks to put at the bottom, some plastic foliage to make it look pretty, some water treatment so the water doesn't get gross, then you buy a candle and voila, a floating candle set.
Enter Stupid Woman stage right.
She comes right up to me at the counter and says "I'd like to return this set. It doesn't work. I set it all up and put the candle in and it fell to the bottom. No matter what I tried it would not stay at the top!"
I reply, in my sweetest sales associate voice ever, "Did you buy one of our floating candles? Regular candles won't work with this set; they need to be floating candles."
She is getting more agitated. "Yes, of course I bought your candles. I set it up and the candle just kept falling to the bottom!"
... Stupid Woman then takes a closer look at our display model.
Looks closer. Gets funny expression on her face.
You could almost SEE the lightbulb go off in her head.
She suddenly exclaims "OH! OH!!! You put WATER in it!?!"

uh. Don't know what to say to that one.

Image of our floating candle set:
http://www.cherrylanecollection.com/photos/17140.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA! that is so funny! thew stupidy of people just kills me :lol:

Angel_Leaguer 12-05-2008 11:59 AM

gotta love working retail!!!!