The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   door decorations! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/door-decorations-18789/)

farmpony84 12-04-2008 11:59 AM

door decorations!

HELP! The door decorating competition is on! 2 years ago I was 2nd place, last year I wasn't even honorable mention! I need really really good ideas! HELP!

Vidaloco 12-04-2008 12:05 PM

Its an office door contest or a neighborhood thing?

farmpony84 12-04-2008 12:11 PM

Office and these two chicks upstairs have already sent me their nasty grams telling me they are going to kick my patootie!

Sissimut-icehestar 12-04-2008 12:40 PM

wrap it! And make sure to put pretty ribbons and a great card !
We did that at school and it was awesome ! Turned out really great (well, we also had lights and christmastree branches, but w/e)

Dumas'_Grrrl 12-04-2008 12:41 PM

OK......Here goes.....

I'm thinking you work for "law enforcement" right??? So it should have to do with our troops or something.

Cover the door in "Peace on earth sheet music, Hang a gigantoid wreath on it....Then run around the office selling "hands" for $1 to raise $$$ for supplies to put into troop "care baskets"...Everyone will get their name on a Hand and put the construction paper Hands with everyone's name on it on the wreath. ( I'm thinking like, use a silver sharpie to write the names...) Add like a pretty Yellow ribbon to the wreath instead of the regular holiday red.

You will be doing several things. #1) remembering all those that can't be home for the holidays. #2) reaching out to those very same people #3) Including the entire office into the project (perhaps even influincing some votes #4) Turning an otherwise "silly" event into something meaningful.

You can so improve on this idea... Like use a battery powered wreath, fancy up the Hands idea with ornaments on the wreath instead of the construction paper hands...or put their name on little yellow ribbons...Add LOTS of glitter and cool stuff.... I dunno... Be Creative.
What do ya think????

free_sprtd 12-04-2008 02:37 PM

Bribe the Voters :wink:

farmpony84 12-04-2008 03:33 PM

i like bribing the voters...

I do like that idea Amy... I do I do I do.... OMIGOSH, we have a huge box of handcuffs... do you think I could make a wreath with them????

Dumas'_Grrrl 12-04-2008 03:36 PM

She-YAH!!!! Anything office-related would be totally cute!!!!