The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Is my saddle cair or flocked? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/my-saddle-cair-flocked-188074/)

lovexlaugh 05-05-2013 10:04 PM

Is my saddle cair or flocked?

Hi guys, I am currently trying to sell my saddle and I had someone ask me whether it is cair or flocked. I have absolutely no idea! How could I find this out? It is a Wintec 2000. I bought it new about 5 years ago and I can't remember the details about it. Can I find out these details by looking at the saddle? The Wintec website says that if its Cair, it will "have a clearly visible CAIR® Badge in the top of the chamber under the cantle", but I can't find this. Does this mean it is flocked?

Also, I thought it had an easy-change gullet, but I'm not sure. It has two easily visible black screws under the pommel, does this mean it is an easy change gullet?

Sorry, I am absolutely clueless when it comes to tack and I really want to give the correct information!

waresbear 05-05-2013 10:17 PM

Usually it says Cair at the back of the saddle.

lovexlaugh 05-05-2013 10:31 PM

Ok, so if it doesn't say that, does that mean it is flocked?

freia 05-05-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovexlaugh (Post 2436938)
Hi guys, I am currently trying to sell my saddle and I had someone ask me whether it is cair or flocked. I have absolutely no idea! How could I find this out? It is a Wintec 2000. I bought it new about 5 years ago and I can't remember the details about it. Can I find out these details by looking at the saddle? The Wintec website says that if its Cair, it will "have a clearly visible CAIR® Badge in the top of the chamber under the cantle", but I can't find this. Does this mean it is flocked?

Also, I thought it had an easy-change gullet, but I'm not sure. It has two easily visible black screws under the pommel, does this mean it is an easy change gullet?

Sorry, I am absolutely clueless when it comes to tack and I really want to give the correct information!

I had a Wintec from about 2005 for my daughter that I didn't even know the model # for. I e-mailed Wintec in austrailia with the serial #, and they told me the year made, model #, and the panel type.

If you have the easy-change gullet system, you'll have velcro around the pommel area. You will be able to separate the bottom of the saddle from the top of the saddle at the pommel area using the velcro fastener. Once in, you'll see the screws and the gullet plate.

This might help you identify it:

bsms 05-05-2013 10:35 PM

With both of mine, if you turn the saddle upside down, there is a plastic badge saying CAIR at the center rear edge. It is underneath the saddle, but it would be hard to miss once you turn it over.

waresbear 05-05-2013 11:16 PM

It's wool flocked if it doesn't have the Cair logo, I have never heard of one that isn't labeled.

lovexlaugh 05-06-2013 12:53 AM

Thanks so much guys! :)