|RegalCharm ||12-04-2008 10:54 PM |
Strange Facts and One Liners
More Strange Facts and one-liners
Facts are stupid things. Ronald Reagan
- If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- 'Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand and 'lollipop' with your right.
- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
- The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- The sentence: 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog', uses every letter of the alphabet.
- The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
- The words 'racecar', 'kayak' and 'level' are palindromes. They read the same whether you read them left to right or right to left.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous' : tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and ' facetious.'
- There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.
- Now you know everything.
|TaMMa89 ||12-05-2008 10:52 AM |
|free_sprtd ||12-05-2008 03:17 PM |
oh man i feel so smart now!! thanks for sharing!! wow some of those things are like "really??"
|Angel_Leaguer ||12-10-2008 09:32 AM |
I think whoever found out these facts has WAY too much time on their hands...lol
Thanks for sharing
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM. || |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging (Pro) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.