The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Hobby Horse reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/hobby-horse-reviews-188881/)

Golden Horse 05-07-2013 12:32 PM

Hobby Horse reviews

As I am thinking about taking a step onto the dark side and showing Emmy Western so I was browsing the Hobby Horse site, and drooling over a few items. What's their stuff like?

In particular I'm liking the look of their chaps Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Simplicity Adult HobbySuede Fringed Chaps with the elastic insert beside the zipper, such a good idea.

Golden Horse 05-07-2013 05:18 PM

Anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseMom1025 05-07-2013 05:51 PM

I have purchased a few items for my daughter from HH. I think they are a nice low-end manufacturer.

My only notes:
- avoid anything with glitter, we still have glitter everywhere!
- Kitten's rail jacket keeps "pilling" at the elbows. I have to keep a fabric shaver handy.
- don't pay full price if you don't have to. I purchased Kittens rail jacket during their end of season sale for 50% off. I'm so glad I waited!
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseMom1025 05-07-2013 05:57 PM

Oh! If you go to my albums, you can see my daughter in her turquoise HH jacket that I picked up during last year's sale. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

aforred 05-07-2013 09:49 PM

I'm not sure what Hobby Suede is, but I have a pair of the thick leather ones. They are AWESOME! Whoever put the elastic in was a flippin' genius. If I ever go back to showing western classes, I'm going to try either the smooth ones or ultra-suede.

waresbear 05-07-2013 09:58 PM

I have hobby horse chaps, with the elastic, both suede and smoothies. They fit my shape perfectly, I love the zipper tugs and I love the spur slot. I have other brands but HH fit my shape the best. HH suede might be the imitation suede I think, I have real leather & suede and the Hobby Horse brand.

SunnyK01 05-07-2013 09:58 PM

Most of my western show wardrobe came from Hobby Horse :) I generally like their products. The quality has always been good for the price and everything I've bought from them has always fit well. I've had 2 pairs of their chaps and I liked both of them, however I don't think the elastic insert really makes much of a difference in how they fit. The elastic is so thick that it didn't really seem to add any stretch value.