The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Stallions and Broodmares (http://www.horseforum.com/stallions-broodmares/)
-   -   APHA Stallion PAINTED COOS (http://www.horseforum.com/stallions-broodmares/apha-stallion-painted-coos-189081/)

countryryder 05-07-2013 04:41 PM

APHA Stallion PAINTED COOS

Anyone familiar with,or know anything about,Painted Coos or his offspring?

FeatheredFeet 05-11-2013 01:37 PM

Can't remember where, but I quite recently, just saw another message thread about this stallion. He appeared as I remember, fairly sickle hocked and some of his offspring also showed that trait. Other than that, I thought he was a handsome stallion.

Lizzie

Saddlebag 05-11-2013 08:11 PM

Have you checked allbreedpedigree? He goes back to Impressive so he may carry the HYPP gene.

soenjer55 05-11-2013 08:25 PM

Karma Ridge Stables - Painted Coos*APHA #4060181997 APHA/PtHA*Stallion(Coosunga X Lances Flash Back)*PEDIGREE

Stallion Service-16.1hh Multi Champion B&W APHA/PtHA Stallion | Buy this Horse at Equine.com
Painted Coos - breeding information, stallion directory, studbook.
It looks like he's standing at Karma Ridge Stables, if you look on his page there, on the right side, you can find a photo gallery of all his foals.
In some of his pictures he looks like he's over at the knee and he seems like he's a bit sickle hocked, but he looks like a nice stallion who throws decent foals. Overall, he seems above average as a stallion and a horse.

countryryder 05-11-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 2487689)
Have you checked allbreedpedigree? He goes back to Impressive so he may carry the HYPP gene.

He's HYPP N/N,I noticed the Impressive blood as well, so checked. :)

cowgirllinda1952 05-15-2013 12:58 PM

He's a beauty.

Saddlebag 05-15-2013 10:10 PM

In the photograph the horse really stands under on his back end. Is his championship with APHA or the PTHA? The ad doesn't stipulate. If it's with the Pinto Horse it just means someone really liked his color. With AQHA horses get points and so many points give an A rating, not champion.

Honeysuga 05-15-2013 10:16 PM

It looks like they are marketing to people breeding for color rather than conformation.
Shipped semen available at cost*
Live Foal Guarantee with 1/2 price breed back following year if foal is not colored.
Never really a good sign. He is pretty but his legs turn me off(as do those of his progeny). I think you could find a better conformed horse to breed to for sure.

Aesthetic 05-16-2013 08:10 AM

Personally i would not touch a stallion out of impressive, to many genetic faults. I wouldnt breed or buy any horse out of Impressive. I have heard and seen so many health problems. One in particular.

Karmaridge 09-03-2013 10:31 AM

Painted Coos is a 16 year old 16.1hh b&w tobiano APHA & PtHA Stallion. He had a very successful show career being named Canadian National PtHA Grand Champion Halter stallion, Champion of Champions for years, Stock horse & colour Champion. He earned his ROM & near his ROE. He was undefeated as was his offspring when shown. He has 86 offspring, many very successful horses in everything from Halter, english, Western, performance to Show Jumping. He is expecting 20 foals in 2014 from a variety of proven quality outside mares.

Coos does have Impressive in his pedigree but has been tested HYPP NN so does NOT carry the gene-he is also OLWS NN. He was owned by Calico QH In Abbotsford, BC for many years & now makes his home in Alberta for the past few years. He has an amazing disposition that he does pass on as well as good legs & beautiful conformation! We welcome visitors to see him in person.