The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   FHANA Friesians (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/fhana-friesians-189257/)

Jalter 05-07-2013 09:15 PM

FHANA Friesians

I was looking at the FHANA website, curious about how they chose stallions as breeding quality. Though they said purchasing a colt with intentions of getting him approved for breeding is unlikely to work In your favor, I could not find anywhere on there where it stated the requirements to be a breeding stallion. Could someone explain this go me, or give me a link to where it is?

Also, how would someone go about getting a foal judged? Does FHANA come to you, or do you go to them? If the later, where does the owner have to take the foal?

kenda 05-07-2013 09:23 PM

For judging: FHANA will host inspections in various areas at various times, yearly, and the the foal/stallion owner must take the horse to the most convenient one.

For judging foals
Rules & Regulations - FHANA - Friesian Horse Association of North America

For judging stallions:

Jalter 05-07-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenda (Post 2456153)
For judging: FHANA will host inspections in various areas at various times, yearly, and the the foal/stallion owner must take the horse to the most convenient one.

For judging foals

For judging stallions:

Thank you. Do you know where I could find a list of the places inspections are at?

luv my horse hinke 05-07-2013 09:26 PM

you go to the kuering at 3 yrs and if the judges like your stallion enough they will tell you. then he has to get x rays and etc.
i am not a pro on this bbut my dad emailed fhana and asked them because we have a stalion and they told us this.

kenda 05-07-2013 09:28 PM

Inspections 2013 - FHANA - Friesian Horse Association of North America

Honestly, I'm not a Friesian person at all. All it took was a few clicks of my mouse to find what you were looking for directly on the FHANA site.

Jalter 05-07-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenda (Post 2456249)
Inspections 2013 - FHANA - Friesian Horse Association of North America

Honestly, I'm not a Friesian person at all. All it took was a few clicks of my mouse to find what you were looking for directly on the FHANA site.

No need to be rude. I am on my phone and searching is a bit difficult. I didn't look everywhere because the small print is hard to read and after reading all of chapter two of the rules and regulations, I was done searching haha. Thank you for giving me the link though.

SlideStop 05-07-2013 10:29 PM

I'm sure others must be wondering too... What's with all the friesian posts?
Posted via Mobile Device

Jalter 05-07-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlideStop (Post 2456865)
I'm sure others must be wondering too... What's with all the friesian posts?
Posted via Mobile Device

Curiosity mostly. In the (distant) future, I would like to start a breeding farm. I am debating on a few different breeds, though Friesians seem to have everything I am looking for. Before I get my hopes set on the breed, I wanted to see if everything is possible for me. The other two breeds I am interested in wouldn't do well in the area I want to move to because there are a ton of breeders for them.

I will be living in central Utah, and I wanted to be sure there wasn't one Keuring location in say Florida, or something excessively far like that. That would be too far of a trip to make wifh a few horses on a yearly basis. Also Iwanted to see what sports other than driving they are good for since Driving isn't my interest.

SlideStop 05-07-2013 10:46 PM

Sounds like you have plenty of time to sift through the info then :wink:
Posted via Mobile Device

Jalter 05-07-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlideStop (Post 2457001)
Sounds like you have plenty of time to sift through the info then :wink:
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly ;) I'm better off learning all I can now before I run into issues later. Not that I won't run into issues later, but they will be easier to deal with.