The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   New Person Here! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/new-person-here-18941/)

Tennessee 12-07-2008 03:25 PM

New Person Here!

Hey everybody! Obviously, I just joined THF.

I pretty much stink at introductions, but I will do my best to let you know a little bit about me.

I am fourteen years old, fifteen on April 13. I attend a private Christian school in which I have many amazing friends. I play the alto saxophone and flute in my school's concert band. I am captain of my school's tennis team and a member of my school's equestrian team. I am also Vice President of FFA.

As for my horse life, my family owns a ranch in Tennessee(obviously). There, my father trains American Quarter Horses and American Paint Horses in Western disciplines, mainly perfecting their barrel racing. My mother is a teacher at a local trade school. I do have siblings, but I won't get into them, they are annoying. :P

I have been barrel racing actively since I was seven. My first pony was a horse. He was a twelve year old American Miniature Horse that I recieved when I was five. However, at that age I didn't know much about horses, so I just rode him around while my dad did chores.

Currently at our ranch, we are housing twenty five horses. However, only ten of them are ours. I am the owner of four of them(will get pictures later).
- High Five is my five year old gelding. If any of you know the stallion Ultimate High Five, well, this is his offspring. High Five had to be retired from cutting after his futurity year because of a mishap in his front right foot. However, now his foot is 99.9 percent better and I am re-training him to be a jumping horse. He absolutely loves jumping.

- Dixie is my ten year old American Mustang. That's right. She is a Mustang. My father purchased her from some BLM place when she was just a year old. Since I was young, I didn't get to do much with her. He had worked with her until she was six, or until I was ten, and by that age she was fully broke. So, I have considered myself her owner for the past four years. She does not compete in anything, however, she is an excellent ranch horse and trail rider.

- Scotty's Too Red also known as Red, is my brand new mare. I am still learning a lot about her, but I do know that this three year old beautiful Sorrel mare has a lot of gettup and go in her. She has thrown me many times, but I still love riding her because of her free spirit.

- Baby is exactly what her name says. She is an eight month old filly that my family rescued from a local person. We heard that there had been emaciated(spelling?) horses in a barn that is about ten miles from our house, so we called in the local police force, and come to find out that there were ten horses there that were extremely skinny and obviously unhappy. One of the horses could not be saved. I saw that beautiful blue roan paint and HAD to have her. I have been getting her back to health and training her the basics of being a horse. I think she is very happy with us.

I like to think of myself as a nice person, so if you have any questions, let me know!

free_sprtd 12-07-2008 03:31 PM

hey there!!! welcome to the HF and hope you enjoy it here. can't wait to see pics!

buckaroo2010 12-07-2008 04:52 PM

Welcome to the Horse Forum!:-)

RusticWildFire 12-07-2008 05:12 PM

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you guys have a lot going on down there in Tennessee! Very cool though! We're glad to have you.

Horsegma 12-07-2008 05:16 PM

Hello,

How lucky you are to be in such a horse oriented family.

Tennessee 12-07-2008 05:26 PM

Nice to meet everyone, and I am very glad to see that this forum is so active!

RusticWildFire - I certainly do! Not only do I have the horses, but this is my first semester of high school so I am trying my best to make that transition.

Horsegma - Yeah, I love the horse life, but it is ALOT of hard work. Sometimes I can't go to fun things like football games or parties because of horse chores

PoptartShop 12-07-2008 05:50 PM

Welcome to the Horse Forum! :D Have fun posting!

Jubilee Rose 12-08-2008 10:15 AM

I don't think you're bad at introductions at all! Thanks for telling us all about yourself. And welcome to the Horse Forum. :D I'm sure you'll have as much fun here as we do!