The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   What to get boarders for Christmas? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/what-get-boarders-christmas-18947/)

starlinestables 12-07-2008 06:04 PM

What to get boarders for Christmas?

I have 6 boarders with a budget of $20 each. I'm not doing a christmas party or anything just want to get them something to say thank you for their business. I would like to give them all free 30 min lessons (they all want lessons) but my arena is under construction.

Have you recieved a gift from any of your BO's?

CiscoKidd 12-07-2008 06:10 PM

well long before i started boarding at the barn i am currently at, the BO gave out t-shirts with the barns name on them.

Jubilee Rose 12-07-2008 06:12 PM

Last Christmas, my BO gave all of us windbreaker jackets with the barn logo on the front, and our name and horse's name on the sleeve! :-) It was really nice.

starlinestables 12-07-2008 06:16 PM

Did you like that gift? I would like to do something with my logo on it... but its not a must. I wish there was a place I could find nice horse hair brushes and could put their horses names on it.

Oh and the boarders range in ages. 16,17, husband and wife in late 20's early 30's and a lady in her 50's. The thing with the 16 y/o... its her horse and she rides but I've dealt mostly with her mom... which one do I buy for?

Jubilee Rose 12-07-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starlinestables (Post 206346)
Did you like that gift? I would like to do something with my logo on it... but its not a must. I wish there was a place I could find nice horse hair brushes and could put their horses names on it.

Oh and the boarders range in ages. 16,17, husband and wife in late 20's early 30's and a lady in her 50's. The thing with the 16 y/o... its her horse and she rides but I've dealt mostly with her mom... which one do I buy for?

Yes, I loved it! What about getting halter nameplates for everyone? You might want to buy for both the mom and the girl.

PoptartShop 12-07-2008 07:06 PM

Halter nameplates sound good! :D I'm sure everyone would love them. Our BO also gave us jackets last year with the name on it, I love mine!

upnover 12-07-2008 08:20 PM

We've given out those leather bracelets with the horse's names engraved on them? The kids LOVE them (adults too!)! They're $20 at SmartPak. And we've given saddle pads in our barns colors with the logo embroidered along with the horse/rider's names. We've gotten sweatshirts and polos made with our logo embroidered on the front. It's cheaper to go to a local shirtmaker guy instead of ordering them through a catalog. Our sweatshirts look AWESOME and were only $18.

suenosderosas 12-09-2008 08:06 AM

We're giving our boarders all hats this year with the farm name and logo on them. There are some little kids who I'm probably going to get something different, but I'm not sure yet. I think I'm going to make all of them homemade horse treats too.

I'd like to get them all something small in addition to the hats but I have no ideas. :(

starlinestables 12-09-2008 02:16 PM

I found these 10oz glasses you can get with your logo etched on them... So I think I'm going to do that because they are $39.99 for 4.. and then fill them with peppermint treats. The 17 y/o works off her board and part of the purchase price of a horse she bought from me so I'll probably get her a jacket. That just leaves the 16 y/o and her mom.

What do you guys think of those?

Spastic_Dove 12-09-2008 02:18 PM

I wish my BO would give us something cool like these suggestions

*pout*