The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   7 Year old TB mare take a look (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/7-year-old-tb-mare-take-18981/)

lovemyponies 12-08-2008 12:46 PM

7 Year old TB mare take a look

1 Attachment(s)
I have written about this mare on here a bit. She came to me because her owner who also bred and trained her could not afford to feed all her horses. She had never been off the farm in her life. She was trained to jump and do low level dressage. She has great athletic ability. She was skinny when she arrived but has since filled out. What do you guys think of her? thanks! by the way she needs a strong rider who wants to jump and/or do dressage. I am in Florida if anyone is interested.

lovemyponies 12-08-2008 12:54 PM

Some more pics

2 Attachment(s)
another picture

lovemyponies 12-08-2008 02:03 PM

so let me know what is wrong with her what I need to work on, thanks

Kiara 12-08-2008 02:14 PM

Take a look at this guide: http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/important-using-critique-section-please-read-7080/

It tells and shows you how to take conformation shots, then you will get better and more accurate critiques. Make sure she stands on a level ground. in the pictures the ground isn't really level, so it's hard to say anything. She is very cute though.

lovemyponies 12-08-2008 02:56 PM

thanks, I have read the correct way to take pics, I just thought the first one showed her pretty well and just added the others for the heck of it.

will try to get a better one

myboydoc 12-08-2008 06:18 PM

if I didn't already own two horses I would take a look, but I can't cause if I do, I will want to buy her! hard to critque but she is gorgous!

lovemyponies 12-08-2008 06:20 PM

thanks I will try to get her on concrete and some multiple viewpoints. I am in love with her but she is too good to just trail ride and thats all I do these days. When you jump her its effortless. Her canter is to die for... but she is a bratty TB mare, with a heart of gold. I have a bad cold and I didn't go see her today and I feel so bad (she runs to me as soon as she sees my car) A lover!

lovemyponies 12-10-2008 02:54 PM

hopefully better pics!

4 Attachment(s)
Hope these photos are a little better,I know they aren't great but I have a wicked cold and she was being sassy!:-)

Gillian 12-10-2008 03:34 PM

She's gorgeous. <3
Conformation wise I really don't see anything bad myself.
Maybe someone with more experience than me will correct me but I think she's put together pretty nicely. Definitely needs more muscle though. Especially her back and neck. :]

lovemyponies 12-10-2008 03:37 PM

thanks Gillian. Yeah she does need more muscle. She is getting worked quite a lot but she doesn't seem to gain muscle very easily. She can literally work for hours without getting tired or winded on the trail. She hadn't finished drying from her bath when I took these so she looks a little funky