The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Rascal - Gelding in Central KY (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/rascal-gelding-central-ky-190041/)

Cat 05-09-2013 07:45 AM

Rascal - Gelding in Central KY

4 Attachment(s)
Rascal is a 4 year old gelding who stands around 14.1-14.2 hands. We were told he was a Haflinger cross when we got him and he has the color and stocky build, but we are not positive.

I have done ground work, lunging, ground driving, obstacles (jumps barrels, over tarps, over wooden platforms) etc. He knows turns and whoa from the ground. Has been introduced to the snaffle and I have sat on his back a couple times and had him walking around - but no where enough to consider him green broke. Still very reactive to new/scary things. He needs an experienced person who can build his confidence and continue his training. I'll continue working with him until he is sold.

Stands tied, good with hooves being handled, and great at trailer loading. Here is a link from over a year ago when I was first working with him on loading showing him self-loading on a 2-horse.
YouTube

The only reason I am considering selling him is I feel I am not giving him enough one-on-one time he needs right now. I'm also training another 4 year old and my time is split and I'm doing neither justice, so I've decided to fully focus on the training of the other gelding. Rascal had a rough background so he is tentative around new people, but once he knows you he is a real sweetheart. Experienced home only please. Coggins are up to date and I can get more pictures for anyone interested.

Asking $600. I've been asked about trades a couple times already and the only thing I'm looking for right now is a mini cart/harness.

Cat 05-16-2013 11:20 AM

I've reduced his asking price to $475.

Cat 05-19-2013 11:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Updated pics from today.

Cat 05-24-2013 01:44 PM

Rascal is SOLD