The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   What do y'all wear when you trail ride? (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/what-do-yall-wear-when-you-190129/)

LouieThePalomino 05-09-2013 11:18 AM

What do y'all wear when you trail ride?

Well lately I've been thinking about maybe wearing something more different when I trail ride so that the customers knows that I work there. Now I generally wear a t-shirt and some jeans and maybe a belt with a big buckle. Its comfortable but I don't really like the way it looks and I'm tired of ruining my t-shirts. So do you guys have any pictures or suggestions?
Thanks,
~Lu

jaydee 05-09-2013 11:30 AM

I never ride in jeans unless they're really stretchy ones and couldn't cope with a big buckle either - too much to undo when I need to visit the 'rest room (nearest large bush)
I wear breeches (lowest price I can find that are comfortable), either a polo shirt or a thin cotton shirt (TJ Maxx,Tractor Supply etc), half chaps and wide fitting short boots as I have feet that cant stand being cramped - or if I think I'm likely to end up walking through water I wear long rubber boots

Sereno 05-09-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouieThePalomino (Post 2468449)
Well lately I've been thinking about maybe wearing something more different when I trail ride so that the customers knows that I work there. Now I generally wear a t-shirt and some jeans and maybe a belt with a big buckle. Its comfortable but I don't really like the way it looks and I'm tired of ruining my t-shirts. So do you guys have any pictures or suggestions?
Thanks,
~Lu

What would you wear instead of the t-shirt?

When I ride with others, I'm the only one with a real cowboy type hat and being that I've worn it for YEARS really shows that I'm a horse person... and that I need a new hat.

I did a quick Google search and found this place with lots of horse images that you could add plus some text. Min. of 12 but all considered, not a bad price.

Being custom and "required" for your work would make they tax deductable. :lol:

T-Shirts - Custom T-Shirts - Shirt Screen Printers - Design Online at CustomInk

DancingArabian 05-09-2013 11:44 AM

What about a button or a reflective vest? You might be able to get something printed on the back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Roadyy 05-09-2013 01:08 PM

Blue jeans and a pull over or button up T-shirt with either a baseball cap, no hat or my leather cowboy hat. Just depends on what is at hand to throw on my head when the sun is beaming down on my solar panel head.

Dustbunny 05-09-2013 01:17 PM

Men's stretch Wranglers and a t-shirt, or sweatshirt if it's cooler.
I'm a trail rider and I want to be comfortable...that's a top priority.

Delfina 05-09-2013 01:18 PM

Jeans, chaps, a t-shirt and a helmet since my gelding is young and stupid. I trail ride in my dressage saddle so I claim the helmet matches the saddle! Since obviously jeans, full chaps and cowboy boots don't... LOL

Poseidon 05-09-2013 01:20 PM

My normal clothes. Jeans and a tshirt. Sweatshirt if it's chilly.

A custom screenprinted shirt might be a good idea, if you want to look like you work somewhere.

smrobs 05-09-2013 01:32 PM

This is my normal riding attire
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/DSCN0206.jpg

I agree with others, if you are wanting to let folks know that you work there, then your best bet is likely some form of printed shirt.

If you wanted to look really fancy (depending on the type of place that you work) you might consider a monogrammed shirt of some kind. If it's more of an English type place, a Polo shirt monogrammed with the business name and your name would look nice. If it's more of a western type place, perhaps a short sleeved button down shirt with the same monogramming.

Cat 05-09-2013 02:14 PM

I wear comfy jeans (either stretch or a size up from what I normally wear) and a tank top if its the middle of summer, light weight T-shirt, and maybe a hoodie on cooler days.

I agree with everyone else - a custom shirt of some sort would be a solution to the issue of knowing you work there.