The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Gotta love IL (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/gotta-love-il-19028/)

Joshie 12-09-2008 10:05 AM

Gotta love IL

Just learned that our lovely, gov, Blago, is in the custody of federal agents. ARGH!!! I work for a company that has a contract with the state and it's renegotiation time!

Dumas'_Grrrl 12-09-2008 11:38 AM

Awwwwww Pooooooooo.... I hope it all works out for you Joshie. Stupid politicians! :roll:

iridehorses 12-09-2008 11:45 AM

Arrogance.

I hope it works out for you Joshie.

PaintedLady 12-10-2008 01:49 AM

Wellllllll....look at it this way.
At least the State should accept your bid...as is.
I'm from IL too. This is beyond imaginable. Some of the things we've heard on the news is more than my lil pea-brain could ever come up with! :shock:

Joshie 12-10-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaintedLady (Post 208232)
Wellllllll....look at it this way.
At least the State should accept your bid...as is.
I'm from IL too. This is beyond imaginable. Some of the things we've heard on the news is more than my lil pea-brain could ever come up with! :shock:

Yeah, talk about not using your noggin.' The gov had to know he was under investigation. So, when you're under investigation, you try to get bribes for appointing senate replacements??? ARGH!

PaintedLady 12-10-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshie (Post 208445)
Yeah, talk about not using your noggin.' The gov had to know he was under investigation. So, when you're under investigation, you try to get bribes for appointing senate replacements??? ARGH!

I think the guy thought he was seriously beyond reproach. Don't know if he's ever read the Rule Book...
Besides...where'd he come from, anyway?? All of a sudden....*there* he was!!

Joshie 12-10-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaintedLady (Post 208462)
I think the guy thought he was seriously beyond reproach. Don't know if he's ever read the Rule Book...
Besides...where'd he come from, anyway?? All of a sudden....*there* he was!!

Well, his relatives are part of the machine. I am scared about IL politics going national. We're not known for the cleanest politics, unfortunately.

iridehorses 12-11-2008 09:44 AM

He's been all over Fox News. Apparently he's come up from the political ranks in that he's not a new comer.

Several commentators refereed to his attitude and comments as sociopathic and from the interviews I've heard, they are on the money.

It also seems that the candidate #5 is Jessie Jackson Jr. - interesting.

PaintedLady 12-14-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshie (Post 208815)
Well, his relatives are part of the machine. I am scared about IL politics going national. We're not known for the cleanest politics, unfortunately.

Ya know....I would *hate* for it to go National, but nothing else seems to hinder the man. Who in the state can stop him?? Maybe it's time to bring his shennanigans coast to coast, so EVERYone can decide....