The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Tattoos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/tattoos-190393/)

Mirandaelainee 05-09-2013 07:57 PM

Tattoos

Hey all!
I'm turning 18 in a few days and going to get my first tattoo, and of course I want to get a horsey one. I've had the idea for mine for about a year now, so please don't tell me that I'm going to regret it (and if I do, I'm well aware that it's no one's fault but my own). Anyway, I just wanted to get a thread going about horse tattoos since I couldn't really find one on here.

If you have a horse tattoo please post a picture, I'd love to see them all!

EmsTNWalkers 05-09-2013 10:19 PM

I have plenty of tattoos (my entire right side, back, chest, tops of my feet, etc), but none with horses in it. I think if you get the right piece and it is done correctly by a quality artist you will love it! The main thing to keep in mind is that: 1. You get what you pay for!! ALWAYS view a portfolio first and pay close attention to the quality of work. 2. You may one day have kids and become a grandparent etc, having a tattoo on your arm or other visible area (even if not visible, don't underestimate the peeking power of kids) that says "F--- the world" or some other equally stupid statement or image is a bad idea. What you like now at 18 may change as you get older, make sure what you get is something that isn't a phase or "good idea at the time."

Those are the 2 main things I always mention when someone is getting their first tattoo.

Anyways, what part of your body are you planning to get your piece done on? What's the idea you have in mind, if you want to share!

Roperchick 05-09-2013 10:52 PM

If you do a search theres alot of threads here on tattoos a couple by me lol

Joe4d 05-10-2013 08:53 AM

like grafitti on the mona lisa, plain trashy.

BarrelracingArabian 05-10-2013 11:38 AM

I got my first tattoo a couple months ago now. A realism flower on my shoulder and I absolutely love it. I have plans for several more just have to save the money for them lol. Good luck :) I love tattoos.
Posted via Mobile Device

texasgal 05-10-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe4d (Post 2475481)
like grafitti on the mona lisa, plain trashy, in my opinion.

Fixed it for ya .. :lol:

Mirandaelainee 05-10-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmsTNWalkers (Post 2473681)
I have plenty of tattoos (my entire right side, back, chest, tops of my feet, etc), but none with horses in it. I think if it! The main thing to keep in mind is that: 1. You get what you pay for!! ALWAYS view a portfolio first and pay close attention to the quality of work. you get the right piece and it is done correctly by a quality artist you will love 2. You may one day have kids and become a grandparent etc, having a tattoo on your arm or other visible area (even if not visible, don't underestimate the peeking power of kids) that says "F--- the world" or some other equally stupid statement or image is a bad idea. What you like now at 18 may change as you get older, make sure what you get is something that isn't a phase or "good idea at the time."

Those are the 2 main things I always mention when someone is getting their first tattoo.

Anyways, what part of your body are you planning to get your piece done on? What's the idea you have in mind, if you want to share!

Oh I definitely agree with you! I've been fascinated with tattoos (I love all forms of art) since I was 13, and I can't believe all of the stupid things I wanted to get tattooed on me when I was old enough..I've been looking around at different shops in my area for a while, getting quotes, looking at their work and such.

I always had a rule for myself that if I came up with a tattoo idea and I still liked it after a year, I would probably still enjoy it when I'm able to get it done. I totally agree with the "stupid statement" haha! I figure if I'm too embarrassed to show my grandmother, it probably isn't appropriate ;)

I've had a few passions other than horses throughout the years and like many kids have struggled with trying to figure out what I want to achieve out of life. No matter what I was interested in at the moment, my heart always came back to horses, so I'm fairly confident that it will be a tattoo I can appreciate for a very long time!

I've wanted a horse tattoo for a long time, but not one that was necessarily so obvious (I've seen some beautiful horse tattoos, others I think can look a little tacky). I've been completely stuck on the idea of a bit tattoo since I was about 16. I really like the fact that a horse person will know exactly what it is, but a non horsey person may not know and ask about it. I also think I want to get a small E that looks like it's etched into the bit for my horse, his name is Elton(: I think the best place to put it is on my left inner ankle for two reasons. One, because that is a place on my body that I can easily hide, or choose to let it be seen. Two, because I have self harm scars that I would like to cover up. Riding horses, especially owning my own, helped me so much when I was struggling with my depression and I really don't think I would still be here today if I hadn't found my passion for it. Honestly, my horse saved me.

Thanks for your feedback, and I would LOVE to see pictures of your tattoos!

Mirandaelainee 05-10-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe4d (Post 2475481)
like grafitti on the mona lisa, plain trashy.

Excuse me? I think the fact that you feel the need to spread your negative opinion when I asked for feedback about tattoos is trashy. I'm sorry you can't appreciate the most personal form of artwork I think there is. Being able to capture your passions into an image and display it on your body for you and the rest of the world to appreciate is absolutely beautiful.

What was your purpose for commenting on this post anyway? What did you gain from it besides making a 17 year old girl feel a little bad about herself? Congrats, you're a cyber bully. If you don't enjoy something someone says, simply ignore it. Because frankly, I don't care what you have to say and your opinion is not going to make me change my mind on how I feel about body modification.

Why is it that when people find out that someone is tattooed or has an interest in tattooing they suddenly feel they can talk to them however they please? It's completely rude. Here's a quote that I think you could benefit from and make you think before you decide to state your unwanted, negative opinions: "What Susie says of Sally says more of Susie than Sally."

Have a nice day.

Mirandaelainee 05-10-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 2473833)
If you do a search theres alot of threads here on tattoos a couple by me lol

I must have missed them! If you'd like, I would love to see some of your tattoos!!

texasgal 05-10-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirandaelainee (Post 2477161)
Excuse me? .

lol ... Miranda meet Joe .. you'll learn to ignore it.. :lol: