The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse Slinky... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-slinky-190489/)

Breezy2011 05-10-2013 12:18 AM

Horse Slinky...

what are horse slinkies used for? I am trading a guitar I have for some horse stuff.

I am getting:
- 2 sets of brushed
- leather halter
- black horse slinky
- lead ropes
- saddle pad

The guitar is just taking up space, so I will take anything I can get for it... Lol, but anyways, what is a slinky used for (I know what they are and how to put them on, but I don't know when they are suppose to be used, or can be used)

Thanks!

Muppetgirl 05-10-2013 12:22 AM

Keep them clean before shows, keep the sun off out in the sun to reduce bleaching, extra layer for warmth in winter......and when your horse wants to be a bank robber or a superhero they work great too:wink:

I have one for my horse but am very reluctant to use it while he's outside, I don't like having anything over their heads like that while they're turned out....but that's just me:wink:

Phly 05-10-2013 12:25 AM

Bank robbers and superheroes!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahhahahahahahahah!!! I like that!
Posted via Mobile Device

Breezy2011 05-10-2013 12:27 AM

Thanks! Lol... I probably won't use it anyways, it is just something I am trading for in with the rest of the stuff (I was mostly looking for grooming stuff, halters and lead ropes)

But if I were to bring my horse to a show in the summer, it would be good for that? Or if she is in a stall after being bathed and I am waiting for her to dry before turning her out to roll?

Breezy2011 05-10-2013 12:33 AM

I mean after she is turned out from her stall after a bath for a little bit after she dries so her mane doesn't get all dirty and stuff

EmsTNWalkers 05-10-2013 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's obviously to do this...duhhh!! hahahaha :wink:

Attachment 182369