The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Just some Vids of my Horse & I (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/just-some-vids-my-horse-i-19058/)

Dartanion 12-09-2008 07:34 PM

Just some Vids of my Horse & I

(Just something I made for fun)

Jumping Tackless, Yeah my position is WAY better and he's not so lazy LOL. I also think that maybe the wind from him jumping blew over the wall but it was probably him being lazy.

katieandduke 12-14-2008 02:54 PM

really, really good job!!!!! yall are amazing! if you dont mind me asking how did you teach your horse to obey you with just the rope on his neck? i want to teach duke to do that oneday! your horse is so gorgeous!

Dartanion 12-15-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katieandduke (Post 211436)
really, really good job!!!!! yall are amazing! if you dont mind me asking how did you teach your horse to obey you with just the rope on his neck? i want to teach duke to do that oneday! your horse is so gorgeous!

hehe thank you! I mainly have the rope because our stops from the canter still are not that great. How I started was dropping my reins and getting him to listen to my seat and my legs, did this at the walk, trot, and canter. We can go from a walk to a stop, trot to stop but our canter to stop still needs some work. Like I said once he listened to me while I dropped my reins, I gave it a shot bearback (he felt my aids MUCH BETTER) and then tried with just a lead rope etc. Till now we just have the rope (mainly for stoping purposes). The main idea is just getting them to listen to your seat and legs :D. It helps he is so willing to please.

katieandduke 12-15-2008 07:09 PM

im gonna start that.. see u have the upward transition.. cuz everytime i shift my weight forward duke knows to either walk, trot, canter, or bolt in a race(gallop also :).)but thanks for the input.. i thought it was some like parelli thing or something.. but i will most def. start praticing with him. i know duke would listen and enjoy doing that.. its a new concept that he would love to learn! thanks again! post more vids later!!

Dartanion 12-16-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katieandduke (Post 212230)
im gonna start that.. see u have the upward transition.. cuz everytime i shift my weight forward duke knows to either walk, trot, canter, or bolt in a race(gallop also :).)but thanks for the input.. i thought it was some like parelli thing or something.. but i will most def. start praticing with him. i know duke would listen and enjoy doing that.. its a new concept that he would love to learn! thanks again! post more vids later!!

Lol I did do some parelli with my mare but not word for word and D just simply doesn't need parelli. It was funny first playing around because he would girraf with his head up and back hollowed out as if to say "what in the heck are you doing?! lol I'll post mroe vids asap, Probably the next time I am up there. Our stops are still lacking but I have some tricks up my sleeve I want to try lol.

smrobs 12-16-2008 02:42 AM

That is really good. He is a little bit lazy but that is better than being chargy. You have an excellent seat bareback and he seems like a really smooth mover.

lovemyponies 12-16-2008 09:34 AM

wow fantastic seat and horse, very very nice, I am impressed!