The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   first thread (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/first-thread-19118/)

jazzyrider 12-10-2008 07:35 PM

first thread

even though there is a thread that has already been moved i wanted to make the first thread lol

this forum could prove to be an amazing asset to our community and we are hoping that it will become filled with a wealth of information like can be found in other threads. this is not a place to debate methods its more a place to discuss NH at its roots. it is also not a place for promoting a specific trainer. this is all about NH without any of the well known trainers we know. we can have many wonderful conversations without delving in to specific trainers methods.

so lets go and fill this new forum with good conversations and make it a resource than can be around for a long time to come

peace out
em :)

BeauReba 12-10-2008 07:38 PM

I just read my first natural horsemanship article today! I've heard a lot about it by word of mouth but had never read anything. I'm not sure if it's for me, but I enjoy learning it anyway.

jazzyrider 12-10-2008 07:39 PM

glad to hear it. you dont have to take it onboard but you can usually learn at least something new in each article ;) glad youre willing to read about it though ;)

Vidaloco 12-10-2008 07:42 PM

Well said Em :D
The main theme in NH seems to be attempting to think like a horse. My problem is they are so much smarter than I am :wink:

PoptartShop 12-10-2008 10:03 PM

Couldn't have said it any better myself! :D

We Control The Chaos 12-11-2008 04:57 PM

im very excited to have this topic on the fourm!

it will be a great way for all NH lovers to collaborate. :)

Jubilee Rose 12-12-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco (Post 208927)
Well said Em :D
The main theme in NH seems to be attempting to think like a horse. My problem is they are so much smarter than I am :wink:

All too true, sometimes yes. Lol.

Good intro to the NH section, Em! Woohoo!

jazzyrider 12-13-2008 06:13 AM

aaaw thanks :)

im looking forard to seeing what this section brings us :)

handmadehomestead 02-08-2009 09:29 PM

I just started learning about NH last year. My mare just turned 2 and I didn't have any idea of what I was going to do, then I went to the library and got the John Lyons symposium, and since then I have read one of Parelli's books and countless articles online. I like Parelli's seven games and they have really helped me become herd leader.