The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Super dirty dressage pants? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/super-dirty-dressage-pants-191361/)

winchesterDG 05-11-2013 07:40 PM

Super dirty dressage pants?

I had a quadrille performance today, which I wore my white dressage breeches to. They got dirty from my saddle all over the knees and seat. The dirt I think is from conditioning my saddle before the performance. Does anybody know how to get as much dirt out of them as possible? I will attempt to wash them, but if that doesn't work I may have to see if my local cleaners can get it out. Any tips?

P.S. the tag says no bleach

ponypile 05-12-2013 12:42 PM

I usually just machine wash mine (white full seat arista breeches) on gentle with other whites in cold water with a little detergent. If they get really dirty after a show I'll soak them in some warm water in the tub over night with a little detergent in the water. I'm not sure if this is good for them or not, but it's what I do. In terms of saddle marks.. I don't know how to get those out. At least the part that gets stained you can't see while riding because it's against the saddle.

Joe4d 05-12-2013 05:47 PM

oxyclean spray on laundry stain remover spray, then wash with detergent and a non bleach stain remover additive like Oxy clean powder or Clorox 2.

cateharrison 05-17-2013 08:43 AM

Try Goop

I use Goop on my whites. You can find it at walmart in the auto section. Get the one in the white tub. It is a hand cleaner that works on laundry as well as getting manes and tails sparkling white. It is kind of a paste, I wet my whites, and then brush it on with a soft bristle brush. Just don't brush too hard. Then hand wash or toss it in the machine on the gentle cycle.

cateharrison 05-17-2013 08:44 AM

I use Goop on my whites. You can find it at walmart in the auto section. Get the one in the white tub. It is a hand cleaner that works on laundry as well as getting manes and tails sparkling white. It is kind of a paste, I wet my whites, and then brush it on with a soft bristle brush. Just don't brush too hard. Then hand wash or toss it in the machine on the gentle cycle.