The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique Cash's Movement (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-cashs-movement-19193/)

StylishK 12-12-2008 02:02 AM

Critique Cash's Movement

Please read this:
- This video was taken in Oct. It has been last then a month since he got off stall rest from a hairline fracture in his coffin bone. At the trot especially he has a little bit of a stiffness (it was not pain the vet checked it out) It's completely gone now. So try and over look that when critique his movement thank you :)

He was about 18-19 months here. QH gelding, not much muscling at the time. He is suppose to mature to 16-16.1hh. He is by One Hot Krymsun, out of a mare who produced two top ten world western pleasure horses at the AQHA World. He's going to be an all around gelding..

upnover 12-12-2008 10:58 AM

he looks off to me behind (although did work out of it a bit and was better to the right). And his hind is so stiff I can't give a proper critique. Can you take a more recent video when he's moving a little better?

farmpony84 12-12-2008 11:29 AM

He's going to be a VERY nice mover. He does look a little stiff but I can see beyond the stiffness. Nice horse. I hope he heals 100% sound.

StylishK 12-12-2008 12:18 PM

The stiffness in the hind end might be the lack of muscle he had, because he was cooped up in a stall 24/7 literally for 8 weeks.

I'll try and get some new videos when I go home for the holidays :)

Thanks though :)

sandsarita 12-12-2008 01:07 PM

I really like how he moves. He naturally uses his body like he is supossed to. Lots of potential there.

StylishK 12-12-2008 01:34 PM

thanks I'm real excited to get to show that :) I think he's going to be lots of fun ahah

LauraB 12-12-2008 10:48 PM

He is nice. Super slow legs. My in-laws have had a couple of foals by One Hot Krymsun and they are awesome. I was the first to ride one of them, no one needed to teach her how to jog, she was so natural. I love the yearling gelding that they have by him to, he looks a lot like Cash.

StylishK 12-12-2008 11:44 PM

Thats cool, I love him. He's good minded, quiet, but not dead and he's picked up on showmanship really fast.

PoptartShop 12-13-2008 02:15 AM

Oooh, he looks nice! :D I can tell he'll be a good mover with some work (muscling)- lookin' good though!

StylishK 12-13-2008 12:59 PM

I'll get some videos of him now that I'm home aha, I think you'll see a difference in him.