The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Holy smokes...Ollie's first show on the 18th!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/holy-smokes-ollies-first-show-18th-191961/)

Klassic Superstar 05-12-2013 09:05 PM

Holy smokes...Ollie's first show on the 18th!!

Help guys!
So so so so NERVOUS!

My trainer signed Oliver and I up for our very first schooling show!

I was under the thought that our first show was not until the 9th of June...

Kidding!! Schooling a couple jump courses on the 18th...

Now you may think....hey it's a schooling show you will be just fine! Calm down... I haven't shown in three years...Oliver has never been to a show!:shock:

Luckily for us all the events (both shows and two day clinic) will be held at the local horse park... Where we rode in all our clinics last summer.

We will be jumping 2' and 2'3 :shock:
Waiting to hear if we are doing any flat classes....
Dressage show we are riding two training level tests:wink:

Please cross your fingers and toes and arms and all other appendages to give us luck!
Thanks!
Sam!

JustDressageIt 05-12-2013 09:23 PM

You'll be fine :) It's a schooling show in a familiar location. If you can, try to get in a few flat classes first to get used to the atmosphere.

Of course, failing that - bring your favorite liqueur to enjoy with your morning coffee!

Klassic Superstar 05-12-2013 09:36 PM

JDI, I love that! I know wewilldojust fine, more excitement then nerves....for now till the morning of lol

GallopingGuitarist 05-12-2013 11:14 PM

Good luck! You'll shine through like a superstar! Go get'er girl! Rock it!

ApolloRider 05-13-2013 01:27 PM

Good luck! =D

cakemom 05-13-2013 01:40 PM

Showing is just the same as riding any other day, except you make sure to wash your breeches and brush your hair. Do not let the word show ruin your time.
Posted via Mobile Device

busysmurf 05-13-2013 02:01 PM

BREATHE!!! You'll do great:)

Roadyy 05-13-2013 02:40 PM

I hear all the big timers have a gut cleaning session with the nearest round top before going on to do great things. Remember Willie Beaman in "Any Given Sunday"?

Misty'sGirl 05-13-2013 08:24 PM

Think about it this way - you're not there to win, you're there to have an awesome time with your horse, you're there to have fun, to gain experience and to give Ollie a great day out!

No matter what happens, make sure you leave at the end of the day with a huge smile and lots of love for your horse. I'm sure you'll be totally fine :)

Klassic Superstar 05-15-2013 12:10 PM

Thanks guys!
Snagged this video yesterday of us! First time jumping the barrels, wanted to make a scary jump....lol he could have cared less....this video really shows just how much his jumping has really improved! So proud of our work!

Can't wait to see the videos and pictures we get on Saturday ;)