The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Driving (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/)
-   -   highlights of our training day (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/highlights-our-training-day-192033/)

littrella 05-12-2013 10:45 PM

highlights of our training day

4 Attachment(s)
I am so head over heels in love with my little guy. He might jump & fuss the first time or two I throw something new at him, but then he's over it. He is making this too easy on me.

Taffy Clayton 05-12-2013 10:56 PM

Looking good! Why do you have the stick and the flags on him?
If I did that to Pilgrim he would be in the next county before he stopped running, No joke. It frightens me just to think of it.

Your little guy sure is cute!

littrella 05-12-2013 11:51 PM

He has been doing so well with the flag work. He's been completly ignoring it when I flap it around & under him, so I figured we'd see what happend if the flags followed him around for a half hour or so. I walked him around about 15 minutes on the lead, he spun around once or twice & then ignored them. Let him off the lead & I went to work on the fence. Ever once & awhile the wind would stir the flags. All he did was lift his head to look at it & go back to grazing.

Taffy Clayton 05-12-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littrella (Post 2496713)
he has been doing so well with the flag work. He's been completly ignoring it when i flap it around & under him, so i figured we'd see what happend if the flags followed him around for a half hour or so. I walked him around about 15 minutes on the lead, he spun around once or twice & then ignored them. Let him off the lead & i went to work on the fence. Ever once & awhile the wind would stir the flags. All he did was lift his head to look at it & go back to grazing.

good boy!

michaelvanessa 05-13-2013 04:05 AM

calm mini

hiya your mini looks very calm in deed and looks good being long reined.
have you a harness for him and have you worked him in it.
as you have an asistant there if he is calm enough give him a go long lineing him with the cart.

littrella 05-13-2013 08:02 AM

we will be doing that soon

michaelvanessa 05-13-2013 08:19 AM

driveing

when you start driveing that will be awesome and don't forget to send the pictures.