The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Broken Heart (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/broken-heart-1922/)

Chestnut1 05-18-2007 07:03 PM

Broken Heart

:( Hi, i'm new to the forum.

Is anybody out there still broken hearted after losing an equine best friend? It's so long ago now, 2 years, and i still cry about her daily. You see, she was my dream horse. My beautiful chestnut mare. She had DJD in both front feet and was in so much pain. i had to let her go to Rainbow Bridge ahead of me but i know she's waiting for me and one day we'll canter through the fields together again.
The tears flow freely and no one here understands how i feel. My non horsey husband thinks i should have got over it by now, i'm trying.
Need some feedback on feelings!
Chestnut1

showpony@heart 05-18-2007 07:49 PM

Hi, welcome.

I'm sorry for your loss, i haven't lost a horse but i have a close friend- that was about 6yrs ago now, after awhile the pain fades, and instead of thinking bout the sad stuff you start to think of all the good times.

meggymoo 05-19-2007 02:46 AM

Hi and welcome to the horseforum.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I haven't lost an equine friend as yet, so I couldn't even begin to understand what you are going through. :(
Non Horsey husbands/partners dont tend to understand the bond a person can have with their trusty steed. Dont know why that is?!?! :roll:
As Showpony@heart says the pain will start to fade, just try to remember the good times. As the saying goes "Time is a great healer"
I know there are other members on here who have lost their equine friends. I'm sure they will offer advice and comfort to you too.
Have you any other horses?

kristy 05-19-2007 02:49 AM

I'm so sorry, dear. :( Have you thought about buying another horse?

Chestnut1 05-23-2007 06:24 PM

Thanks

Thanks for your comforting words. yes i do have a pony for my little girl, but its not quite the same as getting up before everyone else and breathing in that crisp spring air while listening to the gentle clip clop below you. i know time is a great healer but its taking longer than i thought! i'm looking at getting another horse quite soon so that may help. :?

*Hoshi* 05-24-2007 06:50 AM

Awww, Im so sorry for your loss. I had to give up a horse once, simply because it wasnt the right one for me, its still very upsetting but I cant imagine what it must be like to part with one as you have :cry: its great theres a pony in your life now, I know it must not be the same thing as having your own. Its also great your thinking of getting another horse for yourself :D I think that may help fade the pain of your previous loss...
I also am confused by how others (non horsey partners/husbands/bfs) and just plain friends dont understand how much we can love our horses and ponies :? surely theyve been attached to something they realy love before :?:

babilonegirl(fr 05-28-2007 05:41 AM

i know this it's more horible
i view a horse (i don't know this horse ) dead front of my eyes(I pass the details it have it to prick because it fessait a hémoragie)
it was so horible
i won't lose this horse
i thinks that don't lose him but you must be happy for him since it is with the paradise.
I hope that you understands what I write.
kisss