The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   USDF Instructor/ Trainer Program??? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/usdf-instructor-trainer-program-192922/)

horsea 05-14-2013 09:26 AM

USDF Instructor/ Trainer Program???

Ok so I found out about the USDF's level 1 trainer/ instructor certification (Their site is at USDF | Education | Instructor Certification ) and I really think I want to do it. One of my good friends owns a barn with all of the facilities to hold the workshops and said she will help me. Shes already been helping me get all of the required books and I've read through so many of them! (I wish I took these kind of notes when I was in school reading books haha) Has anyone else done it before or have an tips? I'd love any help, tips, advice, anything! This definitely will not be easy, but I think it will be very rewarding :)

horsea 05-17-2013 10:31 AM

Anyone? I also know (At least form what we've been reading, that I need to do 3 shows and place above a 60%)

~*~anebel~*~ 05-17-2013 03:49 PM

IMO most North American coach certifications are a load of BS.
If you want to do it that's great, and I know many places offer discounts if you are certified, but really in the grand scheme of things it's not very meaningful. It may short term get you clients, but in the long run it is good skills and knowledge that will maintain your client base. Not a piece of paper from the USDF.

But that's just my opinion.

horsea 05-20-2013 11:50 AM

I know that, and I work extremely hard with my horses and my students. I want it as more of a personal thing than anything else, but its a slightly confusing process. And its focus is on education, it has made me read and study and think more than I ever have before about skills. Plus the workshops... wow its so much information!