The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Morab Filly (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/morab-filly-19329/)

Twilight Arabians 12-15-2008 04:42 AM

Morab Filly

4 Attachment(s)
okay here's another one of my horse for you guys to critique! her dam was a purebred morgan and he sire was?? we think arabian, but who knows! she just turned 2 in september! i have started puting a saddle and she could care less. she's such a sweet little filly. although she has just recently taken a fancy to biteing... *shakes head* but anyway! here's some pics!! i have showen her and she did quite well! sorry not the best pics... she's a fuzzy monster right now so taking pics of her wouldn't matter. :-)

equineangel91 12-16-2008 12:58 PM

She looks healthy overall. She should start building up some muscle now on the longe. She could use some muscling on the topline and shoulders/front end.

Twilight Arabians 12-16-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equineangel91 (Post 212657)
She looks healthy overall. She should start building up some muscle now on the longe. She could use some muscling on the topline and shoulders/front end.

yea i worked her all spring but then we had a little bit of a sorta falling out as far as money goes, so i had to move her to a friends house and work like 24/7 so i wasn't able to really work her. she was on 90 acers of grass all summer so she looked pretty good for not being worked at all.

Jubilee Rose 12-16-2008 02:29 PM

She's still a baby, so its hard to tell, but from what I can see ... she has a a slight ewe-neck (but I'm pretty sure this can be worked on, with muscle toning). Her stifles appear quite long and her hocks make a weird angle (maybe that is just me). She is camped out, but that could be the pictures. Hollow-backed, but I think she just needs topline. Overall, very cute, and like I said, she's a baby ... so she might just need some more growin'. :-)

Twilight Arabians 12-17-2008 01:54 AM

yea these pics were all taken when she was about 1 and she was kinda at the akward stage. ill have to get better pics of her soon. but she's so fuzzy right now you cant see anything. lol

Twilight Arabians 12-17-2008 01:57 AM

oh yea, she was also progo when i took these pics. about 3 months in before i knew about it. she is no longer prego, im still now just sure how she got progo. but she sure was. vet said it was best to abort it so thats what i did.

appy rider 4 life 12-17-2008 09:09 AM

see is too cute. if she comes up missing i have her. JK. some recent pics would help.

Twilight Arabians 12-17-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appy rider 4 life (Post 213189)
see is too cute. if she comes up missing i have her. JK. some recent pics would help.

lol!! yea... really she looks like crap right now. her hair is really long and scruffy looking.

Solon 12-17-2008 04:50 PM

She's got a ewe neck and needs a lot more muscling. She's got a long back. But at two years old, she's got a lot of changing to do. She's a pretty little thing. Maybe could use some more groceries.

Britt 12-17-2008 05:17 PM

She's very cute, I love her coloring (bays are beautiful, IMO)... Lol. Her head looks a little big for her body, but she's just a baby still, so she'll grow into it.