The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Ahhh Life.... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/ahhh-life-193866/)

Lakotababii 05-15-2013 10:19 PM

Ahhh Life....

Don't ya just love how life can sneak up on you and bite you in the behind?

That has happened to me lately. Life is going pretty good, and then BAM! Things change. I won't say that it is necessarily a bad thing, but it definitely didn't start out a good thing.

Now I'm looking at some major life changes. Changing my internship, moving 3 hours away, selling my horse. The first two are up in the air, the last one, is unfortunately for sure.

Stinkage.

But on the bright side, I have gotten my horse, Onyx, to a new boarding stable that is much better for both of us until he is sold. I am working with him daily to get him in better shape for his new owner. I am uncovering so much new potential and talent in him... I am wishing I could keep him. Like, for example, he has an AMAZING stop. He can almost do a sliding stop, from a full out canter. It's awesome.

I know someone will enjoy him, but dang I'm wishing that someone could still be me.

Oh well, thus is life right?

Anyone else out there have any stories about needing to sell their horse, even when they didn't want to, that turned out good? I need to be cheered up :lol:

TheAQHAGirl 05-15-2013 11:10 PM

Uuuh life. I know what you mean.

Just food for thought, have you thought about leasing him to someone so you can get everything straightened out and still have him?

I'm no expert, but all I can say is the way your taking it seems pretty good. I really admire that. Too many things happen like that to people and they just sit there and wallow in pity rather than looking at the bright side of things. Kudos to you for looking at the bright side.

I don't have the besst example of selling a horse that I wanted but its still good. I had my old horse, Chief, for a good 4 years. He was awesome. For a Tennessee Walker he could do anything and everything. Literally. He did Saddle Seat, Western, English Pleasure, Driving (well we were training at the time), Reining, Jumping, etc. You named it he did it. Well eventually things changed and I was looking for something else. Chief could do it, but it wasn't the way I wanted...I'm not sure how to explain it. I cried a lot because I would get stressed out riding him and things weren't exactly how I wanted, etc. When I got him 4 years before he was everything I wanted, but now he wasn't. My mom and I talked a lot about this subject and we just settled it as, "Life," you either can accept it and move on or you can sit in the past and wallow. So I just accepted it. Moved on. I didn't want to sell Chief but it was going to be better for the both of us. And as things went on, I found a AWESOME owner for Chief. Both the new owner, Chief, and myself were happy. Then a good 2 weeks later I found my baby girl, Faith.

Things change and when they do you need to take action, and if you don't you find yourself in a huge depression cycle and it doesn't feel like you can get out of. I have many more example of that stuff. I've seen it happen and its just never good.

Best thing you can do is take the bull by the horns, do what you feel is right, and look on the bright side.

I wish you luck in your life, yeah its difficult. It can suck, but it can also be the most wonderful thing. Basically what I'm getting at is life is what you make of it, cliche right? If your going to be sad and wallow, don't expect your life to be all rainbows and butterflies. If your going to be optimistic and happy about it then you find yourself jumping over obstacles like this.