The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   My horse is acting weird (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/my-horse-acting-weird-19432/)

Misty'sGirl 12-17-2008 01:30 AM

My horse is acting weird

Okay, I've noticed something really weird with my mare. Everytime I'm cleaning out her paddock she will follow me all over the place and stand right next to me with her bum practically right against me. Its not like it really bothers me as such, because she's not trying to kick, I just find it weird. Should I be flattered? Lol...

Bitless 12-17-2008 02:37 AM

Purhaps she wants a scratch?

lovemyponies 12-17-2008 07:17 AM

she is sociable. My mare is same way. I clean out her run in shed and she always comes over and nudges me and sticks her head in the wheel barrow, She puts her head on my shoulder and breaths right into my ear. She always comes running as soon as she sees me. Yes she does get a treat now and then, so I am sure that has something to do with it. But she truly loves connecting with people. Its her personality. Is this something new with her?

Appyt 12-17-2008 09:52 AM

I agree with scratch her butt. Of course if you do she'll never leave you alone. LOL

Misty'sGirl 12-17-2008 06:20 PM

She's been doing it for a while now. I'm not bothered or anything, just wondered why she was doing it lol.

lovemyponies 12-17-2008 07:19 PM

I think she just wants a scratch and some love, I think thats cute and very awesome

Appyt 12-17-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misty'sGirl (Post 213499)
She's been doing it for a while now. I'm not bothered or anything, just wondered why she was doing it lol.

It's summer where you live, right? Bugs.. My horses often like their "nether regions" scratched/rubbed in summer due to tick bites. They rarely "bug" me in winter about it. lol

Misty'sGirl 12-18-2008 04:50 AM

Ah, that could be it Appyt, it is summer here. I didn't think of that, lol thanks

RusticWildFire 12-18-2008 02:34 PM

I'm going to agree with Appyt. My horse will do that when he has a lot of bug bites in his "nether regions" as well. He usually likes to be close but normally wont put his rear end near me unless he needs scratching.

NorthernMama 12-18-2008 09:52 PM

My mare will do this more often when she is in heat too... needs a rub!