The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/)
-   -   First Impression (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/first-impression-194354/)

EventingxxElise 05-16-2013 06:00 PM

First Impression

I am changing from a relaxed eventing barn to a hunter barn. My first lesson there is coming up and i want to know how to make a good first impression. Also what should i wear, it isn't a formal barn, but I don't want to look sloppy.

Live2Ride15 05-16-2013 09:26 PM

You should wear your breeches tall boots/paddock and halfchaps which ever you like better. As you know a helmet and gloves if you like riding in them. A tshirt should be fine but if you want to you can wear a polo tucked in with a black belt but that is a bit more formal.
Smile and have fun!!! Wish you luck on your lesson!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

commandolover 07-03-2013 05:17 PM

I would wear: nice breeches, a polo shirt, tall boots or nice half chaps with nice paddock boots, a belt, and don't forget your gloves! I wish you well on your first lesson! I'm a hunter and I love it!
Posted via Mobile Device

upnover 07-08-2013 04:20 PM

Do you know if the barn has a dress code? There are some hunter barns that require a polo, boots/breeches, and your hair in your helmet with a hairnet. This is my general attire any time I ride anywhere that's not home. Schooling at shows, trying horses, clinics, etc. If you want to go the extra mile I'd polish your boots too.

My2Geldings 07-08-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live2Ride15 (Post 2537106)
You should wear your breeches tall boots/paddock and halfchaps which ever you like better. As you know a helmet and gloves if you like riding in them. A tshirt should be fine but if you want to you can wear a polo tucked in with a black belt but that is a bit more formal.
Smile and have fun!!! Wish you luck on your lesson!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree, clean riding pants, tall boots or matching paddock boots with half chaps, a clean belt and a polo shirt.