The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Vinyl Horse Fencing? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/vinyl-horse-fencing-19442/)

outrun 12-17-2008 11:53 AM

Vinyl Horse Fencing?

I was looking at prices for round pens and they are not cheap. Then I came across this vinyl stuff. Anyone use vinyl for a round pen? I have read some websites and they say they use the stuff. Now that I know what it is I have seen it around. If you do use it where can you get it at a good price?

Thanks, Jason

Angel_Leaguer 12-17-2008 12:08 PM

do you live in a cold climate??? i have a friend that has nothing but problems with hers because it cracks really easy in the winter (like if it gets bumped and what not) I dont know prices but it is spendy, good luck

Gingerrrrr 12-17-2008 05:40 PM

where i ride they use it in the arena i havnt had any problems with it.

steph81285 12-20-2008 03:12 AM

My mom fenced her pasture with it and if the horse leans on it or bumps it it will pop out of the post really easy (it only goes into the post about two inches before it snaps into place) keep that in mind, but I sure does look nice and clean!

My2Geldings 12-21-2008 09:37 AM

I only knew of one place that used that stuff but it wasn't locally and the weather there isn't as cold as it is here. It is supposed to withstand really cold weather from the adds I have seen in the past and they are easy to keep clean as well as replace if need be.
I would give a call down to them directly to see where the nearest retailer in your area is. I believe that stuff was pretty pricey.

danastark 12-22-2008 01:08 PM

By vinyl, do you mean the PVC white rail fencing? If so, that's what we have since that's what our HOA approves. It's been good fencing as far as looks, but we have a strand of hot wire around the inside because it doesn't keep in my draft colt who tends to push on it. If you are just using it for a round pen and not leaving a horse in it long enough for them to test it, it would be fine. It doesn't get below 20 something here so we don't have issues with cold. We do have intense heat and that doesn't appear to have any effect on it yet.