The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   saddle pads! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/saddle-pads-19466/)

appy rider 4 life 12-18-2008 07:59 AM

saddle pads!

All right what kind of saddle pads should i use for english riding? i want to get a fleece one but then i have seen people use that and i a quilted one. so i am confused as what to use. if any one knows a cheap place where i can get a baby blue saddle pad that is quilted let me know please! thanks! :D

kool rider84 12-18-2008 04:27 PM

Hey!
i use a memory foam pad from Hilason and i love it! Hilason has 3 different types of saddle pads, inflatable one, memory foam one and also a gel one. they have them for every type of saddle!

Overall i loved the memory foam the best. they have a type of shock absorbing properties :-)

SADDLE PADS

GOOD LUCK ;)

Loosewolf 12-19-2008 06:04 AM

Now that I have been on the "saddle pad" trail for a while now, a few things I have discovered. the simplest pad for your need is probably a "schooling" pad..
Durable, absorbs sweat fairly well, has some saddle-to-horse cushion. After that., it becomes trying to fit a "not exactly" fit saddle to the horses back... Although not exactly the best protocol, if the fit isn't far off, pads are available to put more cushion between saddle and your horses back. Works ok provided your horse is comfortable, and you can later fix this with a correct fit saddle somewhere soon down the road...

mudypony 12-19-2008 10:37 AM

Right now I currently use a wither relief half pad on top of a really thin baby pad. I only use the baby pad to keep the half pad somewhat clean. I'm asking for a thinline halfpad for Christmas which I am so excited to try.

appy rider 4 life 12-20-2008 12:34 PM

Okay, i think i might do a quilted one.

highlander 12-27-2008 07:44 AM

i have three. a polypad(nice thick one for winter, warm high wicking but still thick) and medium on which is half fleece and a thin one. it means i can change them as i need or want them:wink:

rascalboy 12-29-2008 08:36 PM

What are you going to be doing? If you're showing, especially in open shows, you use a white pad.
If you do dressage, you use a square white pad.
Hunters use shaped white fleece pads.
Random riding you can use what ever you want.

Hoofprints in the Sand 12-29-2008 09:02 PM

If you're looking for a nice but inexpensive all purpose pad, here's a nice one in baby blue (I actually just ordered it for myself as well, it's from a local tack shop that I get a TON of my stuff from!) :-)

Big Dee's Tack & Vet Supplies | Product Information

appy rider 4 life 12-29-2008 09:10 PM

Those are nice, thank fits

Hoofprints in the Sand 12-29-2008 09:18 PM

As an edit to my above post: they are currently out of stock, but the tack shop told me if you put one on back order they'll come in 2-3 weeks...so I'm waiting on mine, I just ordered it last week...I'll let you know when it arrives! :-)