The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   "Bombproof" Horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/bombproof-horse-19467/)

crackrider 12-18-2008 09:32 AM

"Bombproof" Horse

DreamHorse.com Video for Horse ID: 1336867

lovemyponies 12-18-2008 10:18 AM

interesting, def well trained, but I don't know about the constant flapping the same blue sheet again and again. The horse is obviously not afraid of it,what does it prove to just constantly annoy the horse with the thing JMO. Nice horse ! :)

LDblackhorse 12-18-2008 11:08 AM

Hi
Nice video .But the blue trap thing seemed over done to me.
It is great the horse isn't afarid of it but it is best not to over do it. Because one day the horse my get irritated and walk off.

My horse has never been pat parrelli trained or trianed to do most things he does.

I have made snapping sound with the lunge whip above his head around him under him and he just stands there. But I just tried it with him and he just stood there no restraints. But i also didn't over do it. Or he just walks away. He tells me. But will always come back to me.

Trust is the key for every thing and it is some thing that cannot be bought. You just have to read your horse and it will come in time.

sorry fo the long note.

lovemyponies 12-18-2008 12:07 PM

I agree it seemed like they were trying to break his spirit to me. enough with the same test the blue sheet was annoying to me can't imagine how the poor horse felt
very nice horse though, I would buy it :)

Vidaloco 12-18-2008 12:25 PM

I'm sure he is thinking "stupid monkeys" :wink:
Looks like a nice horse though

Sara 12-18-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco (Post 213755)
I'm sure he is thinking "stupid monkeys" :wink:

Haha, probably. I very rarely desensitize mine anymore...he takes everything in stride and usually just starts digging holes or trying to eat the lead rope. He'd rather be out moving and doing something.

crackrider 12-18-2008 10:40 PM

I agree with everyone. This seemed a bit over done to me. I mean sure desensetise your horse but not to the extent that it doesn't react to ANYTHING!!
Another thing is what is this horse like out of the round yard? I'm sure when it's out on trails people just randomly run out and follow the horse flapping a tarp as if they're trying to fly.

Sara 12-19-2008 04:13 PM

I like the sale videos from Valley View Ranch, even if I do think their trainer is a little crazy...:? I'm sure many of you have seen these, a few of them have been passed around quite a bit.

They obviously have someone with production skills on staff; they are fun to watch even if you aren't looking to buy :-P

Horses for sale

librahorse94 12-20-2008 10:53 AM

The horse looks just a little bit annoyed. lol

apachiedragon 12-21-2008 10:09 AM

maybe it's my sick sense of humor, but when the guy stood on him and flapped the tarp at the end I so wanted that horse to have had enough and just blow up! really though, the onlt thing that really bothered me was when they hit the horse in the face with it - you could see she wasn't happy, but tolerating it...