The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Chestnut Friesian (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/chestnut-friesian-19469/)

Sara 12-18-2008 12:07 PM

Chestnut Friesian

These are not my photos, but I thought you guys might enjoy them. When you breed two horses that have a recessive chestnut gene, you have a chance of getting a "red" Friesian...which is why all FPS-approved stallions are tested for the gene nowadays. While a chestnut out of two registered horses can be registered, any future offspring of that horse cannot. I love my blacks, but the reds sure are pretty too :-)

Red Friesian

Painted Ride 12-18-2008 12:25 PM

wow have not seen that b4!!! yup he is pretty but i am with you on prefering the black freisans!!

jaymielynn 12-18-2008 12:30 PM

Very pretty. I still prefer the black though.

NicoleS11 12-18-2008 12:30 PM

wow! i love him!

RusticWildFire 12-18-2008 03:26 PM

Wow! Very pretty!

I think I'm with the consensus thus far though...I really like the black ones!

PoptartShop 12-18-2008 03:50 PM

Wow...so gorgeous. Not often do 'ya see chesnut friesians! LOL, well I never did. :lol: They are so stunning, thanks for sharing!

MirrorStage2009 12-18-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara (Post 213748)
These are not my photos, but I thought you guys might enjoy them. When you breed two horses that have a recessive chestnut gene, you have a chance of getting a "red" Friesian...which is why all FPS-approved stallions are tested for the gene nowadays. While a chestnut out of two registered horses can be registered, any future offspring of that horse cannot. I love my blacks, but the reds sure are pretty too :-)

Red Friesian

Hey Sara! I see you've changed your opinion on Fox Friesians since your post to this topic! :wink: Glad I could help! :D I couldn't see the pictures in your album. Were they Chewey (Fire Magic)? Just assuming since he's most known?? Anyhoo...Here's my opinions on Fox Friesians from the same afore mentioned thread! I like 'um!

Kelsey at Friesian Crazy has some info and a picture here. Also, you can check out this link here for more pictures! The first gelding, Redfox, I like! He was actually for sale three or four years ago. I mostly remember him because the second picture on the website was the one used in his sale ad! He has a classic Friesian look, and that pic. shows how nice he was growing into himself!! I really wanted to buy him at the time!!! :shock:

Sara 12-18-2008 05:24 PM

Eh? I've never had anything against the chestnuts... *rereads her old post*

Heh, I guess I'm just not a very emotional writer:P

No, these are not pictures of Chewy: I don't know zip about the horse in the photos, but I'm guessing he/she is a 3 year old from the level of development (and I'm leaning towards "she").

Maybe this link will work for you? Some people seem to have problems with the flickr slideshows...if not, I can post them in the thread.
Red Friesian - a set on Flickr

ps. I like that boy Redfox you posted, good looking gelding:)

MirrorStage2009 12-18-2008 07:22 PM

No, I guess I more meant you sounded adamant about FPS stallions not being allowed to carry the gene and foals not being eligible to be registered. Which isn't true and I pointed that out to in that thread. Now you say otherwise! Maybe I kinda' took it as "dissin'" them. Haha :lol:

Yeah, me too...I'm a rather "blunt" writer :shock: (and in person, too sometimes, which is why I don't have any friends. :oops:). I rely on smiley faces when I feel like I'm gonna be misunderstood! :wink:

Anyhoo...thanks for the link; it worked!! I'd say a 3 or 4 y.o. filly,too, since I don't see any "equipment". :lol: Very feminine head, as well. She's pretty...and I love flaxen manes!!

New_image 12-18-2008 09:15 PM

Frisians are gorgeous and black is the way to go but thats really neat seeing pictures of a Chestnut Frisian! It doesn't really look like a Frisian that color though! Thanks for sharing.